Talk

Advanced search

Best educational websites for five-year-olds. Any recommendations?

(12 Posts)
wheelsonthebus Thu 15-Oct-09 10:29:16

We already use starfall - which I think is great - but want to mix it up a bit. Anyone any good recommedations for 1)reading and 2)basic maths?

wheelsonthebus Thu 15-Oct-09 10:29:58

whoops - shd say recommendations (need remedial websites myself wink

sunnydelight Thu 15-Oct-09 11:03:57

DD loved www.educationcity.com at 5. It's not a freebie, but you can do a free trial to see if it's worth paying for or not.

southernbelle77 Thu 15-Oct-09 11:28:19

Our school uses educationcity. We have to pay £2 a year to be able to use it at home and it keeps track of what they are doing at school as well. DD loves it and is impatiently waiting for her new password for it!

On a post the other day someone mentioned the KS1 section of the BBC Bitesize website which looks good so I have bookmarked that for dd to have a go on too.

cupcake123 Thu 15-Oct-09 15:14:30

You could try this.
Lots and lots of positive testimonials so it might be worth a go?

Hulababy Thu 15-Oct-09 15:27:24

My 7y uses educationcity too; now o the Y3 pages. It is paid for though - she doesn't have it at school.

TBH though lots of sites do educational games for this age - cbeebies, Nick Jr, etc. Plus others. Got to go and get DD from school now but will try and remember some more to post later.

wheelsonthebus Fri 16-Oct-09 14:50:41

many thanks
BTW, does anyone else use clubpenguin? doesn't look very educational, but my dh has got my dd onto it, and needless to say she is hooked.

LongDeadMotherofHarryP Tue 20-Oct-09 21:59:39

Poissonrouge
BBC

piscesmoon Tue 20-Oct-09 22:21:22

ICT Games

clop Wed 21-Oct-09 18:22:37

mathszone and mathisfun.(co.uk?)

Danthe4th Wed 21-Oct-09 18:54:05

BBC bitesize

aideesmum Thu 22-Oct-09 11:14:52

my ds 4yo went to computer club at school and came back with a note saying www.crickweb.co.uk
He said he 'played' on this at the club. We looked at it last night and it has some educational games - haven't been all the way through it though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now