Talk

Advanced search

Bad behaviour in the playground (by the parents)

(7 Posts)
asdx2 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:02:31

Do schools have any remit to ask for reasonable behaviour in the playground? Seems to be a daily occurrence that my daughter hears parents swearing at their children and other parents or even in general conversation? surely schools could ask for a certain standard on school premises or can't they?

HeBewitcheditude Tue 13-Oct-09 20:03:08

I suspect they can't, because if they can, I don't understand why they don't.

asdx2 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:03:41

sorry seem to have an overkill on the question marks blush

ZZZenAgain Tue 13-Oct-09 20:07:19

well they could request it obviously but how to enforce it?

atworknotworking Tue 13-Oct-09 20:10:14

DD's school sometimes has a reminder for parents in the newsletter to be aware of how they speak when at the school, we had a spate of incidents last year where some parents had massive arguments / fights in the playground shock

RustyBear Tue 13-Oct-09 20:12:47

Well, the school could send out a letter asking the parents to stop swearing, but as this doesn't, in my experience, stop parents parking on double yellow lines, bringing their children through the car park, letting two year olds turn somersaults on the railings of the disabled ramp or pretty much anything else, I doubt it would stop them swearing.

asdx2 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:17:15

Wish they'd put up signs in our school tbh I can't believe that some parents can't refrain from swearing for 10 minutes a day. They don't even lower the volume it's full pitch the length of the playground.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now