Talk

Advanced search

to feel a bit gutted that DS primary school is 80% full of chav roughneck parents....

(249 Posts)
Boobalina Thu 08-Oct-09 21:15:29

I know I am going to get shot down here but hear me out. DS is in reception at our local school walking distance from our house. Various friends of ours (who all live in nicer parts of the city) children all go to their local schools which are ofsted 'outstanding' and full of middle class parents and kids. Now this is what you get when you cant afford to live in a nicer part of the city I know... but every now and then it really guts me. DS went to a very nice nursery and pre-school close to my work which was a bit posh and DD still goes there. But we couldnt afford to send DS there for primary school. His teachers seem really lovely, and really professional - its just some of the kids and parents there.

I went to a nice village primary school and then ended up going to a rather rough comp after and it did me know harm at all. I just wanted a bit more for my kids and also its hard to make friends with some of the mums when they are screaming at their toddlers, smoking lamberts and comparing lovebites (really!)

I am really jealous of my friends....

and they have bigger houses than us....

pathetic isnt it........

Sagacious Thu 08-Oct-09 21:19:01

erm
yes

fishie Thu 08-Oct-09 21:20:12

you aren't going to make many friends at the school if that is your attitude. who are the other 20% who do meet with your approval? your post is so judgemental and unsympathetic, do you really feel like this? why are you letting your children make friends with theirs?

and you have typed know instead of no so your village primary wasn't that great eh?

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 08-Oct-09 21:21:09

meow fishie grin

Boobalina Thu 08-Oct-09 21:22:26

I clocked the typo after I posted it fishie - thanks for drawing my attention to it.

So what would you do in my situation then?

Lilyloooohhhh Thu 08-Oct-09 21:25:31

Agree with Fishie

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Thu 08-Oct-09 21:27:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Honeybarbara Thu 08-Oct-09 21:27:56

go private

FlightAttendant Thu 08-Oct-09 21:31:09

has this one kicked off yet? smile

Fwiw there is always HE. We did that when it was crummy school or nothing.

TrinityHasAVampireRhino Thu 08-Oct-09 21:31:51

get a life and try and make friends
I cant stand some of the horrid parents outside my school
BUT you would probably label me as shite and I'm not

you would label me as I smoke lamberts (when I can afford them instead of sterling, I shout at my toddler sometimes (but then dh just died...but you may not know thatm you would just judge)

and when my hubby was alive I may have had a lovebite or two

but I am not chavvy(whatever the fuck that really means)

I love my kids more than anything but I have depressive issues(even more so now)

I also wear weird clothes and crazy hats (accordinly to everyone else)

I dont know
I shouldn't have posted I guess

I just think you need to try everyone incase they aren't as hideous as you think

fishie Thu 08-Oct-09 21:33:17

go private, home educate. or maybe change your attitude. i don't get why you feel like this, so despising the other parents. if it is really that bad then take your children out. but these lovebitten smokers are only other people.

Boobalina Thu 08-Oct-09 21:33:42

I am friends with the nice 20% of the mums and I do like the school... its just depressing at times. I do talk to everyone at the school gates so dont think I am there with my nose in the air. I do like the area we live in also as its one of those up and coming areas - I'm sure in 5 years time it will have balanced out a bit.

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Thu 08-Oct-09 21:37:39

pmsl at Trinity. You still got fab wit!

Boobalina Thu 08-Oct-09 21:39:13

Trinity - I am sorry to hear about your DH, that must be truly awful for you.

Fishie - I dont 'despise' these people at all. I am aware they are just other people. But SOME of them are not very nice people and its pretty depressing some mornings making small talk with SOME people when they are being horrid to their kids, ignorant and rough. Its like Jeremy Kyle some mornings.

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 08-Oct-09 21:39:15

So what happens when your child leaves primary school? Won't he need to get along with others, not just other middle class people...

Balanced out a bit hmm You mean that 'chavs' are priced out of the area and nice middle class people move in?

preciouslillywhite Thu 08-Oct-09 21:39:51

aaaaargh

sorry but my pet hate is middle class people down on their luck who move into an area they think is a bit "beneath" them and then moan about The Locals/schools/shops/pubs etc.

IME and O this the height of bad manners angry

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Thu 08-Oct-09 21:40:21

I get to chose between ESL or white trash in my area btw! Am I bovered? A little, but only because it is a bit different from where I was brought up.

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 08-Oct-09 21:41:33

tbh OP some folks are vile, whatever their position on the socio-ecnomic scale

choccyp1g Thu 08-Oct-09 21:42:41

"Know" instead of "no" is NOT a typo, it is a mispelling.

Typo's are when your fingers make a mistake, spelling is a fault in your brain schooling.

Lilyloooohhhh Thu 08-Oct-09 21:42:59

ooh and love the nose in the air mums too ?
A few of them behind me today when i didn't know whether to scream at dd2 to come back (toddler)running to car park or pick up dd1 who had fallen over with bloody knee trying to catch me chasing dd2 hmm chav mum!!! Wish i did smoke!!!! Another label woohoo!
Trinity exactly!

lisasimpson Thu 08-Oct-09 21:44:09

no yanbu - wouldn't like it either

Morosky Thu 08-Oct-09 21:44:43

What a silly OP, I can assure you that ny dd despite being from good working class stock is well behaved, very clever and a joy to know. I am far too busy teaching other people's children to be screaming at toddlers, have never smoked and have not had a lovebite for 20 years.

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Thu 08-Oct-09 21:44:54

Agree with BALD, but if I had to have vile friends I'd rather they were rich.

Although having said that, my white trash friends are some of the kindest people I have come across in my life.

(btw I don't really see them as white trash, but I can imagine them being judged as such by those odd people wot live in such places as Hitchin - judgy? moi?)

TrinityHasAVampireRhino Thu 08-Oct-09 21:45:14

I'm with choccy

and thanks for the condolences

BUT you didn't touch the point I made

Have you tried to get along with the people you think are 'beneath' you?

and your kids need to know how to get along with all walks of life

dont get me wrong, I dont think everyone is nice 'once you get to know them' but shit I woul not be squawking about it here

it makes you sound heartless and rude

choccyp1g Thu 08-Oct-09 21:45:31

Or it could be dyslexia of course, in which case I apologise. [typing one letter at a time, very carefully]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now