Talk

Advanced search

reception class entry, home visit question

(9 Posts)
sleepwheniam90 Thu 08-Oct-09 14:33:31

hi, respect that every borough/town is different, but say reception places are offered in may 2010, when would the home visit typically take place? nearer the start of term (which would be jan 2011 for dc) or once place is offered?

we're in london.

cheers

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 08-Oct-09 14:34:32

Once the place is offered I think. Some of ours didn't take place until the day before they started.

captainpig Thu 08-Oct-09 14:36:04

Ours were one week before they started, so in September.

lucykate Thu 08-Oct-09 14:36:48

for us, home visits were once term had started. the first few weeks were part time so the teacher & ta had the afternoons to visit all the children

BigusBumus Thu 08-Oct-09 14:41:51

Not sure about timing, but a tip re home visits- turn the TV off BEFORE the teacher arrives. At our school they used to go back and report whether the TV was on or off in a house, not sure why, but it was seen as a negative thing if the TV was on.

Mamazonabroomstick Thu 08-Oct-09 14:43:36

usually a week or so prior to the children starting school

Tambajam Thu 08-Oct-09 14:43:43

For us at the beginning of September before Reception children start and the Reception team are doing preparation.

IsThisNameTaken Thu 08-Oct-09 14:50:00

ours (in London) were all done in the first couple of weeks of term

katiestar Thu 08-Oct-09 17:56:37

No home visits here ! Wouldn't want nosey buggers checking my dusting and pricing up my house {wink]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now