Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries etc....

(2 Posts)
AliGrylls Wed 07-Oct-09 17:05:35

I was told by someone (can't remember who) that we would need to register our 3 month old child in a nursery if we wanted to stand a chance of him getting into one.

Is this true? If not, when do we need to register? If so, I am looking for a recommendation? Do they even need to go to a nursery to get into a good school?

I am a first time mum and completely clueless about how the nursery/school system works.

LIZS Wed 07-Oct-09 17:13:19

If you mean for starting when he is 2-3 it sounds like rubbish tbh - "putting your name down" simply means you get sent the paperwork to apply nearer the time but no guarantee of a place. School nurseries usually have an application procedure the year before, ask each one in case they differ, and other preschools/playgroups/nurseries may have a waiting list but even then not usually 2+ years long. Attendance at a school nursery doesn't even mean you get a place at the attcahed school, you have to apply again and meet the admissions criteria.

However if you emn a daycare nrusery if you plabn to return to work then you shoudl already be looking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now