Talk

Advanced search

Probably a very silly question.........

(10 Posts)
Iklboo Tue 06-Oct-09 13:22:34

Do they have parents' evening in nursery?

DS started nursey in September. Brought home a newsletter with 'dated to note' on it, one of which is parents' evening. The newsletter was handed out to all the children.

DH keeps forgetting to ask teachers if DS is included (I can never get hold of anyone when I ring at lunch)

So - have any of your DCs had a parents' evening while in nursery?

mankyscotslass Tue 06-Oct-09 13:25:21

We do in our nursery, it's attached to the school so it's the same night as the schools parents evening. smile

PandaG Tue 06-Oct-09 13:28:44

we are a preschool who rent a room form the local infant school, so are a separate entity, but we do a lot of stuff together - free flow outdoor play in preschool/rec, some fundraising etc. we send home school newsletters, as some of this information may be useful to parents - eg autumn fairs, book fair, discos thatour children can attend.

We do hold parents' evenings, but these are not at the same time as the school ones.

So - you may have a parents' eveing, or you may not!

Northumberlandlass Tue 06-Oct-09 13:37:42

Yes - we had parent consultations at Nursery! x

MollieO Tue 06-Oct-09 14:00:53

Yes although they were in the morning!

Iklboo Tue 06-Oct-09 14:48:33

OOOhhhhh - I REALLY want there to be a parents' evening smile

Ours did/does, twice a year.

Avendesora Tue 06-Oct-09 16:31:30

Ours has an open morning instead.

emsandjammy Tue 06-Oct-09 16:56:20

We have parents evening in Nursery - its just an hour and a half open evening as opposed to getting time slots for your child from reception up - still fab though imo!

ICANDOTHAT Tue 06-Oct-09 17:31:10

Some do, some don't. Some also produce a written report at the end of term or year, others do not. You should ask if your nursery do and if not, then ask to have a chat about progress etc. It's usually the private day nurseries that do the above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now