Talk

Advanced search

When are Year 2 SATs?

(7 Posts)
Elk Thu 24-Sep-09 13:30:13

I know dd1 will be doing SATs later this year and was wondering when they will be as it looks like she might have to miss 3 days in the summer term and I wanted to make sure it wasn't at SATs time. Thanks

JLo2 Thu 24-Sep-09 13:35:57

It is not a set date as they're done over a longer time span, usually during April and May. I shouldn't worry too much about missing 3 days, as long as the teacher knows she'll be able to work round it.

Elk Thu 24-Sep-09 13:39:45

Thanks, it is probably going to be three days after the summer half term so they should be done by then.

andirobobo Thu 24-Sep-09 13:42:46

Just phone up school and ask - our term date letters say the whole month of May and not to book any hols the week before the half term, but I guess schools are all different!

trickerg Thu 24-Sep-09 20:14:26

We did all ours in June last year.

trickerg Thu 24-Sep-09 20:17:27

Just to add a bit there - we'd completed all teacher assessments by the time we did the tests. We used the tests to check our assessments looked right, as they highlighted any major anomalies. As we're only reporting teacher assessments, they really are only a checking tool.

mrz Thu 24-Sep-09 20:21:35

KS1 SATs usually take place in May but unlike KS2 tests aren't timetabled for specific dates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now