Talk

Advanced search

Been at reception for 2 weeks and not had any drawings/paintings home

(9 Posts)
DTWD Wed 23-Sep-09 23:37:21

Is this strange? My walls are bare and its getting me down!

islandofsodor Wed 23-Sep-09 23:46:05

No, not strange. You get them all in a huge folder at the end of the year. They put them up on the classroom walls and stuff.

dizzyday07 Wed 23-Sep-09 23:50:13

I've only had one - and I'm used to 3/4 a day - so I know how bereft you feel.

McDreamy Wed 23-Sep-09 23:52:35

They'll come in time and soon you will have so many you'll be sifting through and discreetly shoving some in the bin! shock

roundabout1 Thu 24-Sep-09 09:54:49

Hi We had paintings & drawings home the first 3 half days of term. They then went to full days & nothing home but apparently they've been working on displays on the classroom & corridor.

EldonAve Thu 24-Sep-09 09:59:42

I've had a few things but I think they are from free play
Everything else is going up on the walls at the moment

redskyatnight Thu 24-Sep-09 10:29:49

Is your child doing any drawing/painting?
My DS hates both, so in a child led environment he unsurprisingly chose not to do any (except the ones that were part of whole class activities that he couldn't get out of). Think we had about 5 in the whole year.

smee Thu 24-Sep-09 11:35:47

Sounds daft, but has your daughter got a drawer? I didn't realise DS had and found it at about half term stuffed to the gills..

moosemama Thu 24-Sep-09 11:52:35

We get them on the last day before each holiday. I always have to remember to take a huge bag with me to transport all the bits and bobs my 2 dss come home with.

My walls felt a bit bare at first as well so now they do drawing or painting a couple of times a week while I cook the evening meal. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now