Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you have more than one child do you find that you've put more "effort" first time around?

(3 Posts)
KerryMumbles Wed 23-Sep-09 17:49:22

educationally? I mean I used to read with ds1 and buy him all sorts of maths books etc. cause he loved it and he did them on his own mostly but I haven't bothered much with ds2 and now the teacher says to me, you know he's very very bright and we're going to give him some extra work, blah blah blah and I knew he was brightish but now feel guilty cause I've never really done anything at all with him.

pagwatch Wed 23-Sep-09 17:55:01

hey KM
<<waves>>

I am not sure I gave more attention with DS1 but I think you are obviously having to share attention once you have more than one ( I know that is obvious)so DS2 never got me exclusively IYSWIM
I think I was probably less panic stricken too. Although funily enough DS2 was more panic inducing grin

But DS2 needed more help so perhaps I have a weird perspective.

I certainly gave DD just as much - but then when she arrived the othertwo were at school.

Not much help and very old.

KerryMumbles Wed 23-Sep-09 18:34:48

hello sweetness! smile

yes I think that's got a lot to do with it. I relaxed a lot but now I feel as though I've let him down or something....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now