Talk

Advanced search

Someone come and calm me down!

(19 Posts)
BrigitBigKnickers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:08:55

OFSTED tomorrow- the new style (anyone seen these yet- they look terrifying!) I haven't eaten or slept much since 3pm yesterday afternoon when we found out.

My DDS have been very neglected. Sent them in the direction of the fridge and in the hope they can find something edible. The younger one (11) has a cold and doesn't feel well. Refused to go to her school office today as she didn't want them to bother me (what a sweetie)I don't know what I will do tomorrow if she is ill. DH is away, my mum has a depleted immune system so needs to be kept away from germs and MIL has an illness phobia.

Have worked round the clock to get all the data together, do 101 jobs that were on my to do list for the next few weeks, put up displays(thank God for sparklebox.co.uk!) as there's not much on the walls as only just gone back.

Want a gin and tonic but I daren't
SOOOO tired but can't sleep.

Someone help me calm my nerves.

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:24:27

Too late I suppose!

roundabout1 Tue 22-Sep-09 23:25:54

Good luck xx

jennifersofia Tue 22-Sep-09 23:30:24

'Twill be over soon - hope it all goes well!

piscesmoon Tue 22-Sep-09 23:36:23

They are much, much better! They are over before you know it! Good luck! Let us know how it went.

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:36:37

Thanks wish I could sleep!

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:39:59

Thanks pices moon. The lead inspector told my HT that the data looked great and our SEF impressive.

Problem is I remember 7 years ago when our school was in Special measures.

Our last inspection (2 years ago) put us firmly in the satisfacory to good bracket but the inspectors were totally horrible- we actually put in a formal complaint about them they were unbelievably rde and sarcastic.

piscesmoon Wed 23-Sep-09 07:11:15

You have nothing to worry about then! They may not even see everyone and they won't see a whole lesson. If you were in special measures and have come out and are doing well you should be fine. It is still an ordeal. Best wishes.

Merle Wed 23-Sep-09 07:22:10

My school had one in the summer and everyone agreed the the inspector was very nice and listened carefully and that it had been a good/fair experience. It'll be fine.

broccoliandchips Wed 23-Sep-09 07:24:13

Good luck and just relax and do what you usually do but with a big smile! This is your job, you do it well and let them see what it is really like on a day to day basis. Let us know how it goes?

BrigitBigKnickers Wed 23-Sep-09 18:16:44

Well the first day went well. They were all very encouraging and I was only watched for 10 mins.

We had a meeting with the inspector for our hearing impaired unit (of which I am joint head) and he was very smily and complimentary.

Some of the staff have had some good (and one outstanding) feedback. I don't work Thursdays so it's over for me but hopefully tomorrow will go as well. Really hoping for a "Good" or better grading as, under the new framework for inspections (so long as results continue to be high) they leave you alone for 5 or 6 years!!!

Crossing everything!

piscesmoon Wed 23-Sep-09 19:08:44

Well done-most of it is over because they have to write the report in the afternoon.

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 24-Sep-09 17:14:40

grin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin grin

Results just in!
The school was graded as Good over all and the hearing impaired unit ( of which I am joint head) came out as a particular strength of the school! <happy dance>

grin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin grin

piscesmoon Thu 24-Sep-09 19:50:47

Fantastic!! Go and celebrate! They are much better now that they are over before you have too much time to worry.

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 24-Sep-09 21:15:37

Thanks- it was a nightmarish few days but I remember the time when they gave you months and months of notice so the stress lasted for alot longer.

After 9 inspections in 6 years (because they're termly when you are in special measures) it will be SOOOOOO nice not to have them poking around for ages (so long as our data remains good!)

Having a nice glass of red as I type!wink

Thanks for your support!

OrmIrian Thu 24-Sep-09 21:17:35

Good luck brigit. I hate Ofsted. You must be a nasty sort of person to be prepared to inflict this much suffering on another human soul sad

OrmIrian Thu 24-Sep-09 21:18:59

Aha! Just read on. Well done. Enjoy the glow of a job well done and also of a nice big glass of red grin.

ManicMother7777 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:08:47

Well done!

BrigitBigKnickers Fri 25-Sep-09 16:27:45

Thanks!

Actually found out today from my colleague that it was good with outstanding features (about 5 of the areas were grade 1) so even better than I thought! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now