Talk

Advanced search

Best cheap labels to buy?

(10 Posts)
ilovegarlic Tue 22-Sep-09 16:43:27

I need a combo of iron on and stick on...My Labels are doing a combo pack for £9.99

Anyone know of any cheaper - thank goodnes I only have one child!

beautifulgirls Tue 22-Sep-09 17:17:29

Don't get Cash's iron on ones, they are useless. Waiting for reply to my complaint first then will source some more elsewhere, but not sure who yet - I did start a thread on this a few days ago though and some ideas in there for good ones from some mums - scroll down in the primary topic list and you should find it.
Have just bought Dishwasher and shoe labels from Ablelabels and love these as they do what they are meant to smile

sickofsocalledexperts Tue 22-Sep-09 17:19:44

Why not just write with a WH smith's laundry pen on the white bit of the label?

SecretSlattern Tue 22-Sep-09 17:31:14

www.mynametags.com - the best I have used and I now only use them. They are easy to order and come really quick. You get 75 iron on and 75 stick on.

SecretSlattern Tue 22-Sep-09 17:31:48

for a tenner, that should say at the end

madusa Wed 23-Sep-09 19:11:27

simply stuck have proved really good

I really like their transfer labels that go onto white t shirts. They can't come off and they stayed on for the whole school year last year without fading!

The iron-ons I got from Labels4kids have come off in the first wash, the clear stick on labels stay on 4 a few days [and certainly don't withstand washing in the dishwasher hmm - and the letters printed on the lunchbox are coming off after 1wk use angry. Don't buy cheap - they're crap.

Have ended up sewing the iron-on labels into his clothes.

Ixia Wed 23-Sep-09 20:48:45

I used stick on labels for lunchboxes and stuff, from this Ebay seller (carelabels). They are very good, they've lasted about 3mths so far after having gone through the dishwasher and they are also v. cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310080541840&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT #ht3820wt1165

I'd rather sew than iron, so used Cash's sew-ons. But I have bought 2nd hand stuff from Ebay, that have labels from stuckonyou.biz, they sort of melt into the fabric and there is no removing them.

Wheresmum Tue 06-Oct-09 11:07:29

I have bought from Labels4Kids for 5 years now and they are FAB!shock The only clear labels they sell go over shoe labels. Are these the ones you put in the dishwasher? Their iron ons are fantastic. Love the easy to use labels, but I agree the economy tapes are never a long lasting fix, no more than any in any uniform shop or department store. They do point that out though on their website.
Have you tried their new cool fasteners to use with any of your clothes labels and they just click together? Great idea. My kids have them on all their socks and coats.
Also their vinyl labels have outlasted our drink bottles and shoes and their stikins are fab on clothes. I have tried the lot with 4 kids to dress. Been to every company and highly recommend labels4kids to all my friends grin

Wheresmum Wed 19-Oct-11 16:28:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now