Talk

Advanced search

calling any primary teachers:

(5 Posts)
NancysGarden Sun 20-Sep-09 20:27:40

Recently started a GTP and it was suggested in a recent training session that we access the Rose review of the primary curriculum and compare the programmes of learning (english and maths) with the current english and maths of primary strategy. Thing is...I am new to all of this stuff and I can't see the wood for the trees. I have picked out some differences and similarities but I feel a bit out of my depth. Any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks

NancysGarden Sun 20-Sep-09 21:24:29

bump

notimetoshop Sun 20-Sep-09 23:59:54

That's a big job - if in detail. Especially as the detail has not been finalised yet, training programmes are due to be published next year. Then it will all be done for you.

Perhaps they meant just to get a general feeling.

Why don't you read the actual report, rather than the suggested programmes of study - it gives an overview greater emphasis on speaking and listening, use of ICT. Use of money in maths. That kind of thing.

gigglewitch Mon 21-Sep-09 00:15:22

same as notime says - lordy that's flipppin huge! I'd go for the gist, and make it clear that you have picked out "key points" wink

NancysGarden Mon 21-Sep-09 10:58:55

Thank you, I think that's a good idea or I could be there all week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now