Talk

Advanced search

Primary teachers....I have the most....

(23 Posts)
spudmasher Wed 16-Sep-09 21:18:11

lovely class this year. They really are a dream. smile How are yours?

Goblinchild Wed 16-Sep-09 21:29:02

I had this class when they were Y1 and now they are Y5. Still lovely, but now they laugh at my jokes!

spudmasher Wed 16-Sep-09 21:34:40

Fab! smile

trickerg Wed 16-Sep-09 21:35:20

Same here! It must be something in the water. A true joy after last year's lot who argued, shouted at each other, bickered and whined from September 3rd through to July 20th non-stop !!

Feenie Wed 16-Sep-09 21:38:17

Mine have a lot of growing up to do.....(Y5, going on Y3..). Quite a bit of very daft behaviour, culminating in tantrums and tears when they are collared. We will get there, eventually <sigh>. Was spoilt last year by a lovely class, I think.

Hulababy Wed 16-Sep-09 22:38:53

I am a TA these days, in a Y1 class. Have to say that this year's class are delightful!

Bo1 Wed 16-Sep-09 22:59:55

Do YOU use the "star of the day" with your children?

cathcat Wed 16-Sep-09 23:02:11

envy jealous of all the lovely classes.

Dysgu Wed 16-Sep-09 23:07:13

My y6 form class is looking like being much easier than my last lot.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

That said, my bottom set Y7 are, generally, hideous!

Middle school so a bit of KS2 and Ks3.

primarymum Thu 17-Sep-09 07:31:12

I've moved from 2/3 to 5/6 and last had some of my new class when they were in Reception! They've grown up a bit ( but not too much!) and I love them to bits already. But, my God, they are so poor academically! I only have 11 year 6's( the rest are 5's) and nearly half are level2's! The SATS results are going to be really bad this year ( Next years will make up for it, two of my yr 5's are already Level 5!)

RupertTheBear Thu 17-Sep-09 07:41:47

I have a really lovely, well-behaved, clever class this year in Year Five. Nice as they are I have to say I miss last years fighty, arguey, shouty, gobby lot! I always did like a challenge!

Hulababy Thu 17-Sep-09 14:47:46

Bo1 - we give out a couple of celebration certifictes once a week, through the celebration assembly.

trickerg Thu 17-Sep-09 19:12:38

Bo1 - We have golden seats for golden people (i.e. those who have kept golden rules (no giving to challenging children to 'be fair')) in KS1. They just sit up the front in KS1 assembly each week in a place of honour and their names get put up in the hall with the KS2 award winners.

Littlefish Thu 17-Sep-09 20:01:12

I can honestly say that my class this year is the most challenging I have ever taught in my 12 years as a teacher. sad

ja9 Thu 17-Sep-09 20:13:08

I have a lovely lot too. Chatty but lovely.

TheCheeseAlarm Thu 17-Sep-09 20:18:56

My Year 6s are fabulous too. Last year I had the most challenging class in a challenging school. This year's are just delightful. But I miss the feisty, argumentative children from last year. They keep coming in to see me in their shiny new uniforms - they look so grown up.

isittooearlyforgin Thu 17-Sep-09 20:39:55

have been receiving my (first ever nursery) class in 5 at a time so not quite sure how they will be as a whole class. At the moment all is going fairly well, who knows what the final batch will be like tomorrow (does the word 'batch' make them sound like gremlins?)
commiserations to littlefish

jennifersofia Thu 17-Sep-09 20:57:54

Mine are okay - I had them in Y1, now Y4 (first year for me in KS2 ulp!) I think we will be able to go somewhere.
Many commiserations to Littlefish!

angrypixie Thu 17-Sep-09 21:17:08

Mine are mostly lovely individuals but don't have any cohesion yet, lots of friction in the class. Lots and Lots of PSCHE/Circle time for me this year.

Littlefish Fri 18-Sep-09 19:58:11

I've just had the worst day in teaching that I've ever had sad.

isittooearlyforgin Tue 22-Sep-09 20:00:35

sorry to hear that LF - want to talk about it?

Littlefish Tue 22-Sep-09 21:12:50

Thank you isittooearlyforgin (great name!). I feel much better now - just a bit shaken by an agressive incident involving a 6 yr old, where I came off worse.

Luckily I work part time, so I've had 4 days away from it, with one more to go before I start work again.

Just a bit of a shocker though.

isittooearlyforgin Thu 24-Sep-09 21:27:00

blimey! It's hard to know what to do when kid's get out of control. so sorry you had to deal with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now