Talk

Advanced search

So sad my baby is starting nursery

(4 Posts)
katyamum Tue 15-Sep-09 09:30:15

Just wanted to say that I am feeling so sad. My little boy (3 yrs) is starting nursery next week. I feel so sad every day when I think about it. My other kids (7 and 5) are already at school there, and I don't know what has come over me. I feel ridiculous. But I am full time mum and I just know that although everyone is saying how fantastic it is for me, I will be absolutely gutted. That's all. I need to structure my mornings so I don't waste the precious 2.5 hours crying into my decaf skinny latte!!! Please inspire me to be happy about this time. Thanks.

TheBalladofGayTony Tue 15-Sep-09 09:33:12

you will be fine. the minute he is through teh door you will be skipping off singing.

MissisBoot Tue 15-Sep-09 09:33:25

Could you schedule in things to do - ie meet with friends for coffee, go shopping, go to the gym etc then you don't have time to sit around mooning for him.

Why do you think you are so sad?

katyamum Tue 15-Sep-09 09:36:49

Because he is a ray of sunshine and he'll be gone. And it means I have to think about what to do with my life of course. Nearly all my full-time mum friends have gone back to work in the last 6 months. I did full-time PTA last year and I don't want to waste the last year at home with him doing that again. I do have a plan to get fitter and have already scheduled some pilates sessions. Also will be able to start practising piano again (properly). Just a sad feeling that's all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now