Talk

Advanced search

Raah blouses are not uniform. Shall I still send dd to school in one?

(9 Posts)
puffling Sun 13-Sep-09 00:12:49

DD starts nursery in full uniform, on Monday. I didn't read uniform list properly and have discovered that blouses are not listed, just polo/T shirts. I've just sewn labels into 4 blouses! For some reason it's really wound me up. Perhaps it's the tome of the month. But I can't see why they'd think a polo shirt would go with a pinafore. Shall I go and get polo shirts tomorrow or send her in a blouse?

Clary Sun 13-Sep-09 00:16:02

They can't enforce uniform in nursery (or even school for that matter).

I woudl go with the blouse unless you are terrified she will be picked on? (seems unlikely).

Or is it a private school? ("uniform list" or even uniform unusual in state nursery school IME) - in which case <bows out>

puffling Sun 13-Sep-09 00:25:08

Thanks for reply Clary. It's a state school Children attend nursery full time in mixed nursey/reception aged classes.
I'm not concerned she'll picked on. I would be annoyed if she was sent home for wearing a blouse.
I hate it when something niggles on a weekend and you've got to wait till monday to sort it out!

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 13-Sep-09 00:27:58

I'm sure blouses will be fine. My school lists polo shirts but lots of children wear blouses - I think it's just that some parents find polo shirts easier (me included) due to the ability to iron them at high speed.

Clary Sun 13-Sep-09 00:32:34

Oh I see.

I was maybe bowing out as I know little about to dos and don't in a private school!

But yes, state nursery, don't worry about it. They can't possibly send her home for wearing a blouse. They are not specifically forbidden are they, just not listed? Then fine.

Polos with pinaofre are fine tho for future ref! (IMO) Yy easier to iron too.

ravenAK Sun 13-Sep-09 00:35:59

They can't insist on uniform, though they may give you to understand different!

A blouse will be fine - they are almost certainly saying polo/tee because most parents would find that easier - no ironing.

lexcat Sun 13-Sep-09 09:20:30

As long as you dd can do her buttons I really can see their been a problem. My dd school is polo shirts but dd wears a blouse and long sleeve shirt in the winter. Personally I think it look smarter then a polo. Never been a problem.

mumofboy Sun 13-Sep-09 12:28:33

Yes that's what I was going to say, make sure she can do her buttons!

hocuspontas Sun 13-Sep-09 14:07:14

Yes - they would specify polo/t-shirts because of getting them on and off independently. No buttons and nice and stretchy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now