Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else wake up feeling a bit sick about tomorrow?

(33 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 14:24:36

My youngest is starting in Reception.

mrz Sun 06-Sep-09 14:28:49

I'm feeling really excited ... but I'm the teacher grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 14:39:06

I wonder if you are my son's teacher. grin

LynetteScavo Sun 06-Sep-09 14:41:43

Well, I have another days grace.

DS2 starts a new school in Y2 on Tuesday.

DD starts reception next week.

I feel sick. sad

They will be alright.

They will be alright.

They will be alright.

They will be alright.

They will be alright.

They will be alright.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sun 06-Sep-09 14:49:44

dd went back Thursday <hangs out bunting>
Was anguished when she started reception last year because I couldn't se how they'd cope with her problems or know when she's unhappy. She loves it. Its been fab.
Yours will be fine too.
Get the bon-bons in grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 18:52:55

Kids in bed. grin

It will kill me tomorrow morning having to get up early.

thesleepyprincess Sun 06-Sep-09 18:54:45

I have felt dreadful since DD started last Thurs...really anxious and knotted-up. I was actually going to start a thread asking of anyone knew how I could stop feeling like this!! She seems fine - she's looking forward to going in tomorrow - but I have a terrible anxiety of her being by herself, particularly at lunchtime, with no one to play with. I also worry about the other little girls being mean and excluding her...how can I get all this out of my head?? I'm already welling up just thinking about taking her in tomorrow (although obviously I'm keeping all this from her - DH keeps warning me that I'll give her a complex when there's nothing there to have a complex about). I just feel anguished about leaving her there, all alone, to fend for herself. sad sad sad

Am I ridiculous? Please be as honest as you like.

TeaMonster Sun 06-Sep-09 18:54:49

Me, DS1 is starting reception, I am bereft

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 18:57:18

TeaM - does the school name start with a T?

Thesleepyprincess - it does get easier. What is helping me is thinking of all the things I will be able to do that I can't do now. I have no choice as he has to go to school so I might as well try and find something positive to focus about.

ADriedFrogForTheBursar Sun 06-Sep-09 19:04:11

I keep forgetting then remembering with a huge stomach lurch. It's my youngest who starts tomorrow which I think makes it worse. He can't wait, I feel sick blush
sheepish smile

thesleepyprincess Sun 06-Sep-09 19:13:32

Anyone else worry incessantly about their DC being left out by others? That's what really tortures me! sad

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 19:14:59

I worry about it.

Both mine often say they have no one to play with.

I have spoken to their teachers and I just have to hope the teachers are telling the truth and the kids are exaggerating.

thesleepyprincess Sun 06-Sep-09 19:17:14

Not just me then.
I want to wind back time to when I could protect her from everything. And I want her to be really strong and to not care if anyone is unkind.
I hate school ((I know I'm being irrational emoticon))

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 19:21:31

You are me

thesleepyprincess Sun 06-Sep-09 19:24:49

Separated at birth??

Off for a glass of wine and a slug of Rescue Remedy to try and unwind my knotty tummy. And to make her packed lunch for tomorrow, which will make me cry again.

Hassled Sun 06-Sep-09 19:35:22

I have my Dyspraxic, eccentric as a box of frogs DC3 starting at a huge scary High School tomorrow, and my precious baby DC4 going into a grim Victorian Junior School. I spent most of the night fretting - it's ridiculous, especially given that I've been here before with the older DCs.

I think when your youngest starts Reception it is really tough, though. I felt really sad when DC4 started - like the end of an era.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 19:41:00

That is just how I felt when he left playschool.

thesleepyprincess Sun 06-Sep-09 19:41:05

I still have DS, who is 2.5. But it's not the fact that DD has started school that's the real problem, rather my fears for her!!

I just need to buck up.

Lilyloo Sun 06-Sep-09 19:41:11

ah your youngest must be very hard
my dd1 (middle) starts her first day tom she is very excited.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 20:14:36

It has felt different with all of them.

Elibean Sun 06-Sep-09 21:35:19

dd goes back to Y1 at her beloved school on Wednesday. I felt the same when she started last year, but no problems other than anxiety about getting up/ready on time this year.

dd2, my youngest and last, starts pre-school on Wednesday and I feel sick, anxious, ready to kill anyone who isn't nice to her/doesn't understand her/tries to make me leave before she and I are ready etc etc sad

Its nice to have company smile

sleepyprincess, I think the fears that feel most vivid, and are hardest to let go of, are the ones that are more about me than about dd, iyswim....maybe memories of my own school past, projected on to her, if that makes sense. D'you think that could be part of it for you? Though I also think worrying about that kind of thing is soo normal when they start primary, or a new school...fear of non-acceptance...

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 07-Sep-09 10:45:02

What as morning.

There I was all ready weeks ago with the uniforms, etc and I find out the other day DD's bag has a hole in (new one bought from school this morning) DS2's trousers are too big around the waist and non adjustable (mad 7am dash to asda where there are no trousers left) so DS1 goes to school with his belt on and then I have been shopping to buy more trousers and there were only 4 pairs in the whole centre with long enough legs, adjustable waists and the right colour.

DS1 was all fine.

Getting to school DS1 and DD were going in at the same 10 minute slot but DD didn't want me to leave her, and I wanted to take DS1 in. I left DD with her friend, came up to take DS2 in, sent DH down to be with DD and then lined up with DS1 for him to go in.

I'm exhuasted.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 07-Sep-09 10:45:17

exhausted

norfolklass Mon 07-Sep-09 10:53:09

Im feeling the same-My only DS started reception today and while he went in absolutely fine I feel like my heart is going to break.

He's going full time from day 1 but has missed out on part time by 2 days...cut off here is 1st march and he was born end of feb but he was premature so have been beating myself up about that thinking if Id managed to stay pregnant a bit longer then he'd only be doing part time now...which is completely irrational but thats how Im feeling at the moment!!

He's having school dinners (at his request!) and am worried about all sorts of things! He was very quiet this morning which is very unlike him but went in fine so I know deep down he will be ok...its just me thats a mess! Roll on 3pm when I can go and get him for a big hug...and need to work on DH tonight about having another baby cause I can't stand the house being so damn quiet!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 07-Sep-09 11:01:06

I can pick mine up in 45 minutes grin

He was so excited this morning, slightly confused about putting on his uniform tshirt and not his favourite truck one, and then stood there with his hands in his trouser pockets grin.

Quarter to eight -"can we go now mummy?" He was so keen he even wanted to walk!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now