Talk

Advanced search

Health care Plans

(11 Posts)
athomeagain Sat 05-Sep-09 20:37:04

Hi we were waiting for ages for an appointment with the school health nurse to write up our plan as our DD has severe food allergies .We went to a meeting with her giving her all of the information we needed on it.she sent it (the plan)back with most of it blank and with wrong dates of birth and telephone numbers on it .

We have finally got a meeting with the school head on Tuesday but K starts school on Thursday so we are rapidly trying to produce a plan from scratch we know what we want on it but we are stuck in how to phrase things so it doesn't put her in a awkward situation and won't know how the school normally deals with allergies until the meeting when we need to give them the plan!

This is the bit that I seem to be most stuck on.

I have so far got for the lunchtime bit.

At Lunchtimes K will need to be reminded to wash her hands before lunch ,be sat at a thoroughly cleaned table and be checked that she has her own lunch box.The children on her table should not be eating her allergens and all should be reminded that there is a no sharing policy,so that everyone only eats their own food ,If for example she drops her spoon some one would need to wash it for her so she does not pick up any traces of allergen from the floor.

I am worried that they will not find anyone for her to sit with and she will end up stuck on a table on her own.

Also is this to strong?

Daily Care Requirements
K has been diagnosed with the following known allergies: EGGS, PEANUTS, NUTS, SESAME.

This means avoiding both touch, ingestion and proximity of any food that contains, may contain or may contain traces of any of these items or related foods,as K has reacted in these circumstances.
: Attached is a full 'Foods to Avoid' list

Does anyone else have a good plan that works?I am going round in circles and still haven't even started with clothes labelling etc!!

noideawhereIamgoing Sat 05-Sep-09 20:45:43

Can't imagine how that would work - even if they ban the allergens at school, most kids if not all, will have food in their lunchboxes which will or may contain traces of the allergens.

Will your dd have an epipen of adrenillin for emergency use? Are you a member of Allergy UK - have you spoken to your paed consultant about an emergency plan?

athomeagain Sat 05-Sep-09 21:15:53

YES she does have two epi pens wirining that bit up seems to be the easy part!!

twinklytoes Sat 05-Sep-09 21:27:04

athomeagain - I'm a bored nurse on maternity leave. would you like me to try and put it into a friendly but health based care plan for you? not a school nurse but if you give me everything you need in it I'd put into a care plan format for you.
(we'd do that bit through email rather than post here) . offer there. smile

athomeagain Sat 05-Sep-09 21:32:37

Yes please

twinklytoes Sat 05-Sep-09 21:42:40

Message withdrawn

twinklytoes Sat 05-Sep-09 21:51:47

sorry co uk

athomeagain Sat 05-Sep-09 22:28:08

Thankyou so much i will send the info either later or tomoorrow am are you sure you do not mind?

twinklytoes Sat 05-Sep-09 22:42:00

honestly not a prob. I will also ask at my school in regards to what they do in this situation and will ask to see their policies on monday.

athomeagain Sat 05-Sep-09 22:50:46

i have emailed you

twinklytoes Mon 07-Sep-09 20:01:55

my emails playing up. your mail was there one minute then gone. will stay online tonight and wait for you to resend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now