Talk

Advanced search

dd first day in primary one and I a bit confused about workgroups

(4 Posts)
CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 03-Sep-09 16:34:09

my dd was in a colour workgroup last year which was the second from 'the top ome'
she had a very good report and the teacher said she is doing very well and added that a lot of the children in the class will struggle with yr 1 but my dd will be one of those children that will do well

dd came home today and told me that she is in a new colour group. I am not sure what the new colours represent but she tells me that everyone in the other colours have not changed.

will the primary one teacher not have assessed them yet and its just a case of put them in any group to start?

i am a bit worried as they had a supply teacher last year who left dd on wrong books for ages until i raised it and dd went on the appropriate books.

Littlefish Thu 03-Sep-09 18:01:03

Go and ask the teacher. Children should have flexible working groups anyway, to reflect their strengths in different areas.

Overmydeadbody Thu 03-Sep-09 18:02:51

You are worrying when they've only been back a day?

Let the poor children and teachers settle back into a svhool routine before getting all worried about little tihngs like this.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 03-Sep-09 20:40:42

Feeling a bit out of it as laid up in bed post op.Hoping that things improve as reception was not a good year with many teacher changes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now