Talk

Advanced search

1970s and 1980s costume day for 6 year old boy. Please help.

(11 Posts)
thirtypence Tue 01-Sep-09 20:43:02

Everytime I come up with something - dh says they didn't have that in NZ. So far he's nixed

The Wombles
Famous Five (as the TV series with flared cords and horrible jumper)
The Dr who with the hat and long knitted scarf

I have a vague idea about doing a Miami vice look with a pastel top and skinny tie and rolled up sleeves and sunnies.

Or trying for stressed 80s executive complete with my old filofax and a brick phone made out of an old weetbix packet.

Any other 70s or 80s theme idea which I can do with a few scraps of material and a day off to visit a charity shop.

It's the fact that he's only 6 that's the problem. If he was 12 he could wear adult clothes.

thirtypence Tue 01-Sep-09 20:59:30

Please help me.

senua Tue 01-Sep-09 21:12:06

Current and retro: Michael Jackson / Thriller?

Easy to do the MJ look or, if DS wants the gory route, one of the zombies.

senua Tue 01-Sep-09 22:03:29

mutant ninja turtles

ghostbusters

star wars

giantkatestacks Tue 01-Sep-09 22:04:46

Adam Ant? he can just do highwayman or pirate as long as he's got the stripes on his face...

thirtypence Wed 02-Sep-09 10:48:39

I had a brainwave - Pacman

Black track pants/shoes and T shirt

I made HAMA pacman, little white balls and ghost thingies and am sewing them onto the black T shirt.

I am a genius.

senua Wed 02-Sep-09 10:50:56

Indeed.grin

notagrannyyet Wed 02-Sep-09 12:30:17

He Man, Skeletor, & Castle Grey Skull etc. were all the rage in the 80's as well as Starwars and ninja turtles......Pacman would be easier!

EyeballsintheSky Wed 02-Sep-09 12:34:20

My brother had a fab Hawaiian shirt when he was about that age in the mid eighties...

Marne Wed 02-Sep-09 12:44:09

He man
Banana Man
G I Joe
Transformers
A rubix cube
Mr T
A smurf

thirtypence Wed 02-Sep-09 20:49:16

A rubix cube would have been good too - I like making things that basically need you to stand in a cardboard box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now