Talk

Advanced search

name labels for pencils/rulers etc. Where do you get such things?

(17 Posts)
yogabird Sun 30-Aug-09 18:05:59

that's it really! grin

PleaseMrsButler Sun 30-Aug-09 18:07:08

Buy a CD marker and write it on by hand.

KembleTwins Sun 30-Aug-09 18:09:32

I got labels from here They do lots of different ones - even labels that go inside shoes. We got a value pack, which I'm hoping will last as long as DTs need things labelling... smile

yogabird Sun 30-Aug-09 18:33:23

thanks both. I looked at your site Kemble and thoughth great but it kept telling me to put in a font before it would process the order, despite my having done it! It also irritated me enormously by asking how many rectangle's I wanted (their apostrophe). Scowls and goes off to rummage for a CD pen whilst considering what to do with the £10.50 I may now save (incidentally this came up on their site as costing £1,050.00.

catinthehat2 Sun 30-Aug-09 18:45:50

In the olden days when I was little we just used to cut a slice off the non writing end of the pencil (as if sharpening it)and write in our initials.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 30-Aug-09 19:02:49

In olden times we used to tippex a wee rectangle onto the article (pen/ruler/calculator) and then ink initials onto it when dry.

I am vair old

yogabird Sun 30-Aug-09 19:13:28

I went to school pre-tippex shock and still remember those pens that you could erase - what were they called? They came in just as I was doing O-levels and you weren't allowed them in exams or to write cheques with! Papermate somethings i think. Tippex would work though wouldn't it?

catinthehat2 Sun 30-Aug-09 19:18:06

A good wheeze is to get one of those Tipp-Ex [Shake 'n Squeeze white correction fluid pen with fine point for precise correction] pens and just use them to write your name on your ruler.

Seona1973 Sun 30-Aug-09 19:39:13

easy2name do mini stick on labels - both plain and the fab and funky ones. There is a 10% mumsnet discount by using code mums-e2n too.

katiestar Sun 30-Aug-09 20:10:02

Papermate replay !

I got some sticky labels from Cash's name tape website.

AramintaCane Mon 31-Aug-09 09:48:40

ebay super cheap next day delivery

hocuspontas Mon 31-Aug-09 10:54:15

Cut up pieces of white paper and stick them on with sellotape. (Write on them first!). Or marker pen. Or Tippex. Don't waste money on labels.

troutpout Mon 31-Aug-09 19:26:27

Got some fab ones on ebay...all different sizes and in different shades. Really cheap.

ChasingSquirrels Sat 05-Sep-09 09:22:48

oh yes, slice of the end of a pencil - that brings back memories. And the tippex - both a bit to write on, and tippexing you name on. Or scratching it on with a compass.

busybutterfly Sat 05-Sep-09 23:56:36

Got mine from www dot 24 ace dot co dot uk. They also do FAB bags with kids' names on which are brilliant for school/nursery and are very reasonably priced.

LindsayJ Fri 01-Jul-11 14:24:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Jux Fri 01-Jul-11 14:48:23

I just bought cheap ones and put them in a marked pencil case (marked by writing name on sticky label and sticking it on).

A plastic bag of 150 pencils with rubbers on the end cost, I think, £1.50. The case cost £1.

Fountain pen was £2.50 (in a sale, so I bought 3, she's still on the first one).

Coloured pencils cost £3, in another marked pencil case (£1). DD's looks after those ones though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now