Talk

Advanced search

Broken bone care at school

(4 Posts)
Blewis Fri 28-Aug-09 12:22:53

My 9 year old son has broken his arm and it is in a cast. Obviously he shouldn't do sport at school at the moment, but what should he be doing at this time with regards to school work under supervision. I spoke to his homeroom teacher and she says she is in meetings and so cannot supervise him (nor can he go the the library), his sports teacher said he could do some sport!
Any teachers out there that could advise me on this?

gingernutlover Fri 28-Aug-09 14:38:29

at our school children who arent allowed to join in pe sit to the side and watch

cant he just do that?

And if the class is outside in bad wetaher doing pe the child would be sent to read a book in another class/school office

Littlefish Fri 28-Aug-09 18:38:52

Like gingernut - ours would just sit at the side of the hall/field with a book, or watch.

He will have to stay with his class I suspect.

hocuspontas Sat 29-Aug-09 13:06:38

Dd3 was in plaster for the last half term. It was cruel for her to have to watch them doing sports and swimming etc, like a double punishment! I was surprised in a way that she couldn't just read or do catch up work in the tandem class but she told me not to go in and 'make a fuss' about it so I didn't.

I would be wary about the sports teacher saying he could do some sport. The hospital said a knock or a fall could make things a lot worse and advised against it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now