Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in Scotland got a DC starting Primary One next Monday, come and hold hands with me

(252 Posts)
sweetkitty Tue 11-Aug-09 23:06:57

My PPPPFB DD1 is starting "big" school on Monday

Anyone else?

Am I going to be a blubbing wreck?

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 23:09:04

DD1 is going into primary 6 but am in Scotland so will hold your hand! smile

TheInvisibleManDidIt Tue 11-Aug-09 23:10:47

Same as K999- mine go into p6 and p3 on mon.

You'll be fine grin. And it's only for the half day to start so won't feel that different from nursery initially.

expatinscotland Tue 11-Aug-09 23:13:24

DD1 starts on Tuesday.

Half-days to start until October break.

DH has the day off for her big day.

I'll be fine until I let go of her warm wee hand and she goes through the door.

I'm determined not to blub until she's out of sight, though, because she's a sensitive wee soul who greets easily.

Her little uniform and shoes are ready to go.

We've promised her a chippy for tea as a treat.

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 23:16:07

I was shopping the other day and had a little giggle to myself at the size of the skirts for lo's starting school. They are tiny! Hard to believe that dd1 was ever that small...smile

Still have a couple of years before dd2 starts and already I am imagining her in her little skirt and shoes!!

sweetkitty Tue 11-Aug-09 23:17:10

expat you have started me off already, what am I like?

DP has the day off too probably to look after me

She has matching school hair scrunchies grin

She is too wee to go to school

Wonder if I will feel like this next year when DD2 goes?

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 23:18:49

No, you wont cos you will realise how much more time you will get to spend on MN!! grin

expatinscotland Tue 11-Aug-09 23:21:42

DD1 has matching hair scrunchies and grips, too!

And next year, DD2 goes!

They'll be int he same class, it's composite.

Then I'll just have two years with wee man before he, too, starts nursery at the same school!

Aimsmum Tue 11-Aug-09 23:23:59

Message withdrawn

TheInvisibleManDidIt Tue 11-Aug-09 23:24:29

Half day till Oct? Ours only got to sept weekend (not that I'm complaining!)

When ds2 started they let us go into the class with them and settle them at their desks.

Tbh, I was more weepy with ds2 than I was with ds1. And the thought of ds1 being in p6........sad

(Though what k999 says about the time to yourself is true grin)

sweetkitty Tue 11-Aug-09 23:24:36

K999 - ah but I will have a 2yo DD3 to keep me busy

expat - matching grips? We haven't got them just matching hairband too. I got her narrow plimsoles and the name tags arrived today so am going to sort out her uniform tomorrow

DD1 and 2 in the same class that will be lovely for them, my DD1 and 2 will be next door to each other as it's a small school with about 20 children in each year.

sweetkitty Tue 11-Aug-09 23:25:16

Aimsmum - P5 shock

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 23:27:53

I cant believe that in a short couple of years dd1 will be in high school!! I swear it only feels like yesterday that she started school. Dd2 will start primary on the same day as dd1 starts high school, although I doubt that dd1 will appreciate matching scrunchies and clips! grin

Aimsmum Tue 11-Aug-09 23:29:18

Message withdrawn

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Tue 11-Aug-09 23:30:10

I'll hold your hand too this was me last year. DD going into P2 they go back on Tuesday though it is an in service here on the monday.
You will be fine mind you dd was better than I was.
This year tough one for me DS going off to nursery in the same school but they are staggered not until 1st September but he is such a wee baby still compared to dd at that age but he is so desperate to play with the other children.

<quick wave to k999 keeping on her right side for if I go visit the zoo grin>

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 23:32:11

<<waving back!!>>

You wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the zoo and my house anyway...grin

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Tue 11-Aug-09 23:56:33

grin sounds like mine, ds said to me the other day he was ...something I never caught what he said so I sais sorry what are you and he replied... "me a cheeky monkey" says it all really.

Linnet Wed 12-Aug-09 00:07:10

Monday? where are you? Our schools don't go back until Wednesday. Half day for the first two weeks, well it will only be a week and half this year since they don't start until the Wed.

I have one going to 1st year of secondary school and 1 going to P1 I'll be a huge blubbering wreck too.

brokenspacebar Wed 12-Aug-09 00:11:08

Me too, ds, P1, starts next Tuesday...I have large sunglasses, I call them my tear catchers...I hope it doesn't rain so I can wear them!

seb1 Wed 12-Aug-09 01:03:28

dd1 goes into p5 and dd2 starts p1 on Tues!

sweetkitty Wed 12-Aug-09 07:09:49

Strange you are all Tuesday too

We are in Lanarkshire she goes 10-11.45am Monday then half days until September, DD2 in nursery not attached to school so loads of running around for me.

Ceolas Wed 12-Aug-09 07:32:06

I don't have a P1 this year for a change!

They are P2, 4 and 5 and don't start until next Thursday. DH is a teacher and back on Tuesday.

You'll be fine. Maybe a few tears on the first day but it's only a couple of hours like nursery to begin with.

K999 re the wee skirts - I can't get over how tiny all the girls' skirts seem this year. Call me a fuddy duddy, but they're so short! shock

expatinscotland Wed 12-Aug-09 08:11:56

Yes, H&M had these adorable navy blue ribbon hair grips that match her uniform, so I bought loads. blush

Half days till October break and DD2 is in the nursery attached.

Hopefully we'll be able to move about 1/2 mile away from the school in September so I can just walk back and forth. A LOT. With heavy DS.

Will get fit.

weegiemum Wed 12-Aug-09 08:18:59

For the first time since dd1 started school there is no-one here starting for the first time or a new school!

Dd1 going into p5
Ds going into p3
Dd2 going into p2

We are in Glasgow and have a Monday start.

But I remember all the other starts - first dd1 into p1, then dd1 into p2 at a new school cos we moved house, then ds into p1, then dd2 into p1.

Hoping it will be a bit more relaxed on Monday. I'm ready to watch them all trot out to the bus!

Lindax Wed 12-Aug-09 10:18:59

ds starts primary one on Monday and is on 1/2 days for first two weeks.

As a full-time working mum dont know how I would have managed if it was half days until October shock

ds seems to be looking forward to going, but I know he's going to cling on when its time to leave. We get to take them into the class room on first day, then from second day its line up in playground.

He's more worried about going to afterschool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now