Talk

Advanced search

what to buy a friends little boy for starting school?

(7 Posts)
ssd Tue 11-Aug-09 21:45:12

I know he'll have everything, bag/pencil case/pencils etc etc but I still want to buy him something..... any ideas?

Lindax Tue 11-Aug-09 22:02:23

I got a fruity face yesterday from SIL for ds for his healthy playtime snack. ds loved it, yet to see if it encourages him to eat more fruit though!

McDreamy Tue 11-Aug-09 22:07:13

Lunchbox/flask - always handy to have a spare for the days they forget to bring them home!

Cool keyring to attach to his bookbag as they all look the same when chucked in the box together.

jicky Tue 11-Aug-09 22:21:09

Named luggage label thing for book bag - you can get them from easy2name but two out of three ds cracked theirs last year, so I'm going to make some (or get them to make some) with the my laminator this year.

Or ask if they have a PE bag yet and make or get him one of those (my boys favour camo fabric with their names sewn on).

Or a little purse with some money in to buy sweeties with on the way home at the end of his first week.

Smithagain Wed 12-Aug-09 19:28:47

Definitely a cool keyring for personalising his book bag. They're all the rage round here!

blithedance Fri 14-Aug-09 20:57:44

Cool but distinctive hat and mitts for the winter. (It will be here before you know it).

Great idea about personalising keyrings, especially if it actually has his name on. I use those as a backup against bookbag/lunchbox/coat losing the name tag.

lljkk Sun 16-Aug-09 10:19:03

But make sure you sew his name into the hat and mitts for his mother (she WILL be well-pleased).
For that matter, you could buy his surname on lots of sew-in name tags and offer to sew them into stuff for her in general. You will be her bestest friend ever.

As for the boy, I'd buy him a toy personally. School is for weekdays in term-time but toys are Forever .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now