Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Waiting lists Richmond/Twickenham

(5 Posts)
saltandpeppa Tue 11-Aug-09 20:28:50

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone is still on a waiting list for reception and if things are moving or not???

What are the chances of getting a place in Sept?

fridayschild Wed 12-Aug-09 18:42:50

DCs' school will take an extra 30 kids this year. I know of at least 4 children near us who would have got into that 30 but couldn't stand the stress of waiting and will go to private schools. That combination has to have had some impact on the waiting lists, surely?

saltandpeppa Fri 14-Aug-09 16:10:25

I think maybe people are hanging onto places until term starts. From my friends experiences things seem to be moving slowly this year. Quite frustrating really!

Miggsie Fri 14-Aug-09 19:17:58

My DD's school (excellent state primary) has had 4 people leave this past year and so DD has seen 4 new children come into her class. Don't know about the rest of reception...so it may be more.

Don't despair!

Private schools were worse. My friend was 22 on the list and got a call the day before term started, and when she said "I was 22 on the list" they replied "well, we rang the first 21 and they were all in other schools and not wanting their place and 3 had left the country!" So there you go, 22 in line and she got in!

saltandpeppa Sun 16-Aug-09 15:12:01

thanks, well we are first on the list (were fifth) so will see what happens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now