Advanced search

changing schools - how?

(4 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 31-Jul-09 11:49:54

If I want to change the school that my son attends, do I contact the school that I would like him to attend or do i contact the local council? Anyone know please?


bagpuss Fri 31-Jul-09 11:56:12

School usually. This is what we did with our dcs and the head teacher just told us if there were places available in the relevant year groups and then we went to visit, signed forms and they were in.

RustyBear Fri 31-Jul-09 12:01:57

Depends on the area - in ours, it's all done by the council, so you have to contact them first.

Although we are allowed to show prospective parents round, we're not supposed to tell them we've got a place, in case the LEA have allocated it to someone & haven't told us yet.

Have a look on your council's website - there should be a page on admissions, which will give you more info.

mckenzie Fri 31-Jul-09 12:06:13

thanks very much guys. oFf to check website

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: