Talk

Advanced search

Are we the only ones on MN with pink summer dresses as a uniform???

(21 Posts)
CarGirl Sun 19-Jul-09 21:02:37

I keep putting up wanted posts for pink check school dresses but never get any responses.

The school uniform got changed last year so had to bin 15 red check dresses angry and I have 3 dds now needing pink ones instead. Limited options new - M&S or cheapy horrible ones.

Plus no age 4 ones left in M&S 2 weeks ago sad

Minniethemoocher Sun 19-Jul-09 21:07:13

www.yourschooluniform.com

3cutedarlings Sun 19-Jul-09 21:19:19

My DDs would both be very envy at pink school dresses.

Really feel for you having to source them, have you tried John Lewis?

3cutedarlings Sun 19-Jul-09 21:22:17

Here

They only have age 7 available online, but if you have a JL locally they can check other branches

paddingtonbear1 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:24:10

no schools round here have pink - it tends to be blue, green or red. Don't think I have seen any in the shops either! dd would like pink dresses tho...

CarGirl Sun 19-Jul-09 21:47:02

I don't really want to buy new, I want to buy 2nd hand sad apart from the M&S ones they tend to be really synthetic and get all clicked in the wash etc sad

Pink sucks.

slummymummy36 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:57:14

My girls can choose any colour gingham they like! True to form my youngest wanted pink this year.

I got one from Ebay BNWT made by Banner. Nice fabric and the others I got from John Lewis. Check them out online, they have school uniform on there. If you cant see it, call them. I bought 1 instore at their shop in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol and the other online once I knew I liked it. Not the cheapest but lovely fabric.

slummymummy36 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:58:23

heres the link

http://www.johnlewis.com/14901/Product.aspx

ButterbeerAndLemon Sun 19-Jul-09 23:17:24

Ebay?

AppleandMosesMummy Sun 19-Jul-09 23:44:32

I would have refused to bin 15 school dresses, what a cheek, can schools do this ?
We had the M&S ones for DD to wear at pre school, my choice so her clothes didn't get wrecked but I do think that's outrageous changing the uniform so subtly, red to pink I ask you angry

katiestar Mon 20-Jul-09 14:18:21

Normally schools let you continue with the old uniform
Don't summer dresses generally match the colour of the sweatshirts

CarGirl Mon 20-Jul-09 15:15:08

They don't do burgandy dresses!

Hmm school changed status as did some others locally, so would have had 2 x primary & 1 x junior all with red dresses & sweatshirts hence the change. 2 schools with blue locally, 2 with yellow, 1 with green, 1 with lilac/purple.

You could start wearing the pink dresses a year early IYSWIM

Have to say burgandy jumpers better at hiding the stains!

It's really all the LEA's fault!

katiestar Mon 20-Jul-09 19:08:06

So are you saying its pink dresses + burgundy sweatshirts.That sounds a lot better than red dresses which I would imagine would clash horribly!

( one of the independant schools round here has a burgundy summer dress and that looks quite pretty.)

CarGirl Mon 20-Jul-09 20:39:38

not even M&S sell burgandy dresses so I assume that the school went with a colour that was at least a bit more readily available!

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Mon 20-Jul-09 21:27:22

We have one school near us where the summer dresses are pink. DD is very envious!

PandaG Mon 20-Jul-09 21:30:03

Pink in Matalan at £5 a pop - fairly cheap fabric but my (blue) not bobbled in the wash. HTH

CarGirl Mon 20-Jul-09 22:30:02

My matalan are looking tatty after one summer, they wouldn't make it through 3 dc!

PandaG Wed 22-Jul-09 16:31:25

oh no! mine only have to do one child - usually pass them on though!

BonsoirAnna Wed 22-Jul-09 16:34:02

DD coerced me into buying a pink gingham Hello Kitty school smock this summer angry.

School uniform is navy smocks with school logo...

MARGOsBeenDrinkingTea Wed 22-Jul-09 22:55:43

maybe you could ask someone from this school?

wink

CarGirl Thu 23-Jul-09 08:30:28

gringringrin

got some more on ebay it's just the elusive age 4 ones I really need angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now