Talk

Advanced search

Ofsted report - not happy with it, anyone know what to do?

(9 Posts)
costagirl Wed 15-Jul-09 21:40:54

Recent Ofsted inspection - report is crap, in my opinion, and that of lots of people. Judgements made on historic data, and takes no notice of the best KS2 SAT results we've had for years, which were published the week after Ofsted were in. I want to raise several issues about the report, but not sure how - on the Ofsted website can only fiind how to make a formal complaint about the inspection - not sure if this is the appropriate route. Any ideas?

mrz Wed 15-Jul-09 21:45:49

HERE

Not sure if parents are able to dispute findings

Feenie Wed 15-Jul-09 21:46:10

They only take notice of three year trends, unfortunately and, as you have found, are predominantly data driven. Fuckers. sad

OrmIrian Wed 15-Jul-09 21:47:33

About 2 yrs ago I was in your position. Our school had been panned and was put into special measures. I was so shocked. But as time went by and I saw how the changes were implemented I realised that things weren't good before. Things that we'd taken as normal were not really. You might find the same. The HT and the governors will have to address problem areas and that can only be a good thing.

The inspectors would have taken into account the probable SATs results at your school - from looking at school work and practice SATs. And after all results are only one facet.

However the school can appeal against it's assessment.

mrz Wed 15-Jul-09 21:48:36

Agree they have already made their decision from data such as SAT results before they even set eyes on the school.

costagirl Wed 15-Jul-09 21:54:20

To be honest they could have made their judgements from their office - wonder what the point is of coming in! So many good things were not commented on, and all they banged on about was pupil progress - we've been part of the Making Good Progress project for 2 years to address this, and the results have shot up. Did they bother to see the 1:1 tutoring? Did they crap. Feel it's a very inaccurate report.

applepudding Wed 15-Jul-09 21:55:52

The school will have had the chance to make comments on the draft report before it is published, and should they have concerns about the way the inspection was carried out they will be able to put in a complaint to OfSTED. If the Local Authority agrees with the school's complaint they may also be able to back up the school's complaint.

In making its judgements on standards, the inspection team should look at more then the SATs results, they should look at work in children's books, and the report will also comment on the school leadership and ethos.

costagirl Wed 15-Jul-09 22:00:42

Head has decided his staff are too knackered and demoralised to go through the pressure of an appeal. LEA is appealing on our behalf. As a parent (and staff) I received a copy of the reoirt, at the end of which it said "any complaints about the inspection or report...", so looks like parents can complain. Guess it'll have to be the formal route then.

Feenie Wed 15-Jul-09 22:02:48

Good luck! smile

Can I swear about Ofsted again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now