Talk

Advanced search

On the primary/secondory border ...

(2 Posts)
2sugarsandapuppy Tue 14-Jul-09 09:41:26

... Horrid Y6 teacher, who is also the deputy head. dd1 is leaving for secondary school in September. Big chance dd2 will have her. H wants to move her to the next state school - assumuing they have a place - on the basis that it's wrong to move them when they're in Y6

I don't want dd2 moved at all. The Y6 teacher is horrible, and shouldn't be in that job. Dd1 quite often tells me that she hates me, and I just put it down to her being an hormonal 10 year old. I just don't know what to do- our Head is leaving on Thursday, to become an Ofstead inspector..

SillyShrimp Tue 14-Jul-09 17:31:21

Go and look round the other school, see what it's like, and if it seems OK, then move her. Bad teachers in Year 6 might make her go off school, making the secondary transition more difficult.
Also, if you can get a place by the end of the week, she can start in September, which means that she won't have to start in the middle of a year (which can be quite stressful!).
What does dd think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now