Talk

Advanced search

Southwell Minster School Junior Departmen

(6 Posts)
SillyShrimp Mon 13-Jul-09 17:06:26

Hi!
Can anybody tell me anything about the Southwell Minster School Junior Department? We are thinking of sending out youngest dc (8) there next year, but as we are moving from Dorset, we don't know what it's like. . .Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks. . .

thirtysomething Mon 13-Jul-09 17:11:35

do you mean the one in Nottinghamshire? Didn't know it hard junior dept but the senior school has very good reputation though occasionally behavioural issues

earthworm Tue 14-Jul-09 12:55:43

I do not have chn at JD but do live locally. It has an excellent reputation and achieves good results (KS2 SATs); attendance at JD also gives you a priority place at the oversubscribed secondary school. All of this - along with the fact that places are limited to something like 40 across the whole junior school (Y3-6) - means that it is very difficult to gain a place; chn have to audition and prove that they have an aptitude for an instrument and/or voice (I think that being a member of the choir is compulsory). Good luck, and post again if you want any more general info about the area etc.

SillyShrimp Tue 14-Jul-09 17:32:11

Thanks earthworm!
Anything about the area would be good. . .

SillyShrimp Tue 14-Jul-09 17:32:39

Oh, and thirtysomething, when you say 'behavioural issues', what do you mean?

tomgribbytheatrearts Wed 28-Sep-11 14:22:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now