Talk

Advanced search

Storysack librarian

(7 Posts)
Ripeberry Mon 13-Jul-09 16:11:13

I've volunteered (what a fool!) to be the storysack librarian for our reception class.
Sounds like an easy job, checking the sacks in and out and making sure the bits have returned.
I've got my admin head on and i'm trying to think of a different way of making sure all the bits are not lost.
We do let the books go home with the children but i think lots of things go missing as people are not sure what they look like.
Do you think that it would be a good idea to take a photo of the contents of each bag with a short description on the back and have it laminated and put into each relevant bag?
And then we can have a 'Main Catalogue' for all the bags so that we know exactly what we have.
Maybe if the children can see what the item looks like then it may be found and returned?
Or do you think i'm making far too much work for myself?

Ripeberry Mon 13-Jul-09 16:14:05

It's just that i felt for the Headmaster today as he was showing us 'newbie parents' the story sacks and out of 6 of them only 2 had all the items.
I just want to make it easier for everyone and then if anything does go missing we have an idea of what the original item was and we can replace it.

littleducks Mon 13-Jul-09 16:18:29

How many do you have just 6? that sounds like a good idea to me

PortAndLemon Mon 13-Jul-09 16:20:27

I'd find a way of attaching the laminated sheet firmly to the bag, otherwise that'll be the first thing to get lost.

Ripeberry Mon 13-Jul-09 16:23:27

Actually it's more like 30 sacks! But half the problem is that people don't like taking them out as they get 'told off' about loosing items and no-one wants to be the librarian as you have to nag a bit.
I don't mind doing the work as i'm a SAHM/Childminder with one child starting in September, so i've got some time on my hands now that i'm coming off the Pre-School Committee and hopefully someone will take up my role of Secretary.
Story sacks will be a doddle!

Ripeberry Mon 13-Jul-09 16:24:47

Port and lemon, yes that's a great idea! I think cable ties should do it! grin

Makingchanges Mon 13-Jul-09 16:27:34

I think it sounds like a great idea - Its horrible when you aren't sure if everything is there when you go to take it back to school - especially if little hands have been in - I think it will help all concerned but yes make sure that the sheet can't get lost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now