Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a nice lunchbox and water bottle

(13 Posts)
Tigerlion Sun 12-Jul-09 17:26:14

I need a lunch box and water bottle for my DS who is starting Reception in September. Where can I get a nice lunch box or bag and water bottle? I obviously want something that will last but just do not know where to look

Sagacious Sun 12-Jul-09 17:33:48

I would recommend getting a character soft bag. Seems to be all the rage at our primary.

Ben 10 /spiderman/ transformers whatever he's vaguely into

Reception kids do not appreciate retro elmer/tin tin ... they want to be seen as cool (it gets worse as the years go by.)

Go to any supermarket/next and they'll be sat there looking tacky

(I have a five year old with pink high school musical and 7 year old with Ben 10 alien force.)

[long suffering emoticon]

melissa75 Sun 12-Jul-09 17:44:25

ditto to above, we got ours at Smyths Toys, but they have LOADS of different ones at any toy shop, like toys r us etc...otherwise any large supermarket, tescos, sainsburys etc...

zeke Sun 12-Jul-09 18:33:54

lakeland have some nice ones. Their drinks bottle is leak-proof, too. I never got on with the metal-type character drinks bottles - we had a lot of leaks!

t875 Sun 12-Jul-09 18:34:32

toysrus always have a good selection smile

bluejeans Sun 12-Jul-09 18:36:24

WH Smiths have them half price just now (altho original price of £9.99 seems expensive to me!)

TwoHot Tue 14-Jul-09 10:45:34

Amazon do some nice insulated bags that are easy to open and have good handles for carrying.

bruffin Tue 14-Jul-09 12:57:02

the soft ones are really good because you can stick them in the washing machine! We had some lovely ones from the disney store.

MadameCastafiore Tue 14-Jul-09 12:58:54

Hungry Jungle - they sell them all over the place but I know they do them in JL

bigTillyMint Tue 14-Jul-09 13:06:52

Ooh I hadn't thought about putting the lunch bags in the washing machine - what a good idea!

My two love their very plain Pink / black soft bags, but they are in the juniors!

schilke Tue 14-Jul-09 13:46:48

IMO go for plain and not a character. My childrens likes change daily so you can't go wrong with plain.

My children aren't cool so are not remotely fussed that don't have latest character!

TwoHot Tue 14-Jul-09 16:20:02

Yes, Hungry Jungle, thats the name I was trying to remember!

EldonAve Tue 14-Jul-09 17:20:28

So will I be alright with the freebie M&S lunchbox?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now