Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So... come judge with me re sports day parent behaviour

(5 Posts)
HerBeatitudeLittleBella Fri 10-Jul-09 16:34:00

1. Woman with dog. Dog on lead, but still not quite under control as kept on having to yank him back quite violently (poor dog) when kids ran past and he barked with excitement and ran towards them, in one case only just being yanked back before obstructing the running track.

I don't think there's a problem with bringing a well-behaved dog to sports day (held outside of school in a big field). I do think there's a problem with bringing an excitable, badly-behaved one which you're not quite fully in control of. Idiot woman <gavel>

2. Boy with earring has his earring taken off him by irritated teacher. Mum hovered, teacher hands her offending earring and said "X still has his earring in, it's against school rules to wear them in PE or games". Mum says loudly and ostentatiously to X in front of teachers, other parents and other children in class "I'll give it back to you at the next race Love". Undermining, chavtastic behaviour <gavel>

My fantasy was that out of control dog would bite out of control earring woman on the bum. Didn't happen. <sigh>

Spillage21 Fri 10-Jul-09 16:51:30

Um...was that in south-east London perchance?

TwoHot Fri 10-Jul-09 17:08:57

lol

Not many parents were cheering their children at ours, seemed a shame to me but I suppose thats what you get with non-competative races.

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Fri 10-Jul-09 17:51:46

No,Kent. Lots of Sarfeast London refugees here though.

sagacious Fri 10-Jul-09 17:56:24

Our school (rightly) doesn't allow dogs on the premises so <gavel> allowed

Earings I can't get worked up about. So <gavel> disallowed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now