Talk

Advanced search

When are Sats for year 2???

(6 Posts)
Natasha1 Thu 09-Jul-09 20:58:13

Can anyone give me an idea when exactly in May year 2 Sats are?

We are looking to go abroad for the first time next year but the flight is on the 25 May , I know this is the week before half term which I am not too worried about but can anyone confirm whether Sats will be over by this date?

Thanks

moffat Thu 09-Jul-09 20:59:41

I think it varies by school, ds1's were spread over 3/4 weeks but I can't remember exact dates.

Hassled Thu 09-Jul-09 21:02:23

Most of it is by teacher assessment, so it will vary - it is usually early May that they have the actual tests. Talk to the school.

Feenie Thu 09-Jul-09 21:06:08

It won't matter when you go. The Y2 teacher assessment is made up of lots of sources of evidence which the teacher will collect starting from September.

A small part of the evidence has to be the tests, but he/she will do them before/after your holiday.

MrsJamesMartin Thu 09-Jul-09 21:08:35

DD did them the week before half term this yr.
I think if you are absent you still have to do them when you get back and no holiday was authorised for that week or the week before.

Natasha1 Thu 09-Jul-09 21:17:30

Oh Ok, thanks very much, I think to be safe we will go the week of half term, although DS will still have to have a couple of days off school after May half term, but better than being too close to his Sats.

Its just we went to Eurodisney this year & when we got back he was really tired for a week or so after, so I thought if we came back the middle of half term week he would still have a few days before going back to school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now