Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else with a DC coming to the end of Reception who has had a lovely time with a lovely teacher and is hoping that Y1 will be just as good but having wobbles that it wont?

(9 Posts)
LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 07-Jul-09 22:21:57

Or is it just me?

I think DS is fine, having had a good morning with his new Y1 teacher last week but I am suddenly realising the end of Reception is getting very close.

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 07-Jul-09 22:26:18

<wibbles>

moodlumthehoodlum Tue 07-Jul-09 22:27:28

Yes, wibbling all over the place, but that's me not her.

They will be with all their friends and they will be fine..

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 07-Jul-09 22:29:27

Glad it's not just me smile.

It's a mixed nursery/reception class, so DS has been in the same class since January 08. Probably not surprising it feels quite a wrench to leave.

DD will be starting there in January though so I'll only have one term without a child in that class (she'll be there until July 2011).

<attempts to cheer self up>

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 07-Jul-09 22:30:07

Have just realised my title lacks an apostrophe blush

lockets Tue 07-Jul-09 22:31:58

Message withdrawn

moodlumthehoodlum Tue 07-Jul-09 22:32:47

Oh you're fine then. DD had a lovely nursery teacher and I was all smug last year knowing I had another year with her this year with DS. Now, no more Mrs P, as DS moves into reception. sad

Forgive yourself the apostrophe this once.

LyraSilvertongue Tue 07-Jul-09 22:35:07

Not really. I had a big wobble at the end of nursery class last summer (it was such a wonderful nursery). DS2's class are all staying together (usually they mix the 3 reception classes up as they go into year 1) so I'm quite happy. And I know one of his (jobshare) year 1 teachers as DS1 had her, so I'm confident it will all be fine.

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Tue 07-Jul-09 22:36:18

I've realised I am having a PFB moment. Don't often have those (wasn't worried about him starting school).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now