Talk

Advanced search

A good handwriting type font for tracing

(12 Posts)
JennyWren Tue 07-Jul-09 20:24:23

I am trying to find a good type font as close to 'real' writing as possible, for my DD to use for tracing to practice letter formation. She has some of the books and loves them, but she wants to be more independent and write words that are personally relevant, and I thought I could print off some sheets with things like her name and her brother's name, etc. I know I could write them myself, but...

I am finding it very difficult to find a good font, though - I'd like one which has a handwritten-style 'a', ie the same shape they make at school, and also a 'y' with a curvy tail and a 't' with a tail instead of a plain cross shape. I can find some of these, but no font with all of them sad

Any ideas? Thanks!

thisisyesterday Tue 07-Jul-09 20:29:01

much as I hate to say it... comic sans is the one you want

fuddled Tue 07-Jul-09 20:30:47

look here

thisisyesterday Tue 07-Jul-09 20:31:34

actually i don't think that has the "t"

SoupDragon Tue 07-Jul-09 20:33:57

Jardotty

Feenie Tue 07-Jul-09 20:34:45

Look at the cursive one in this

JennyWren Tue 07-Jul-09 20:50:06

Wow - that was quick - thanks!

I've gone for the version suggested by fuddled - called Primer Apples. It is exactly as DD's teacher likes grin

maxybrown Wed 08-Jul-09 20:55:15

sassoon infant primary is what we use in schools. I have it if you can't get it and want it. smile

jennifersofia Wed 08-Jul-09 23:35:59

Please, not comic sans. We use Sasson infant.

Fizzylemonade Thu 09-Jul-09 22:01:42

Get yourself a laminator so that you can laminate sheets and they can then re-use them too.

Our school uses the same one as Fennie linked to and we laminated printed sheets and our son used a white board marker.

Just a thought. smile

JennyWren Mon 13-Jul-09 13:09:29

Maxybrown, that would be great - thank you so much. Can you CAT me? If not, I'll post an e-mail address. DD is very excited - I want to keep the enthusiasm going!

Laminating is a great idea, too - I'll give that a try.

shoshe Mon 13-Jul-09 13:21:51

I use this site it has loads of tracer pages on it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now