Talk

Advanced search

special paper with extra lines and colours to help Ds with his writing.

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 04-Jul-09 15:42:12

DS struggles with his handwriting but is really keen to improve it and I would like to help him at home (he is currently in year 3). I have seen some sheets of paper at school with three lines per main line, split into colours to show which part of the letter goes on the main line, which above and which below. Does anyone know where I might get these from please (or something similar) or do i need a teacher to get them for me?

Currently I am drawing a thin line on every main line in a normal note book and although it is really really helping DS to make the difference between upper and lower case, it is pretty tedious for me!

TIA

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 04-Jul-09 15:44:52

not sure, sorry but would it help to buy a packet of the checked paper designed for numbers, e uses one square for lower case and 2 for upper? sounds fantastic that he is keen to improve.

mrz Sat 04-Jul-09 15:45:59

There are different styles here

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 04-Jul-09 15:46:20

Getting on this thread as my year three son struggles too.

cookielove Sat 04-Jul-09 15:51:28

you can print these

cookielove Sat 04-Jul-09 15:52:05

oh whoops found the same site as mrz

cookielove Sat 04-Jul-09 15:53:11

print me

welovepinkmilk Sat 04-Jul-09 20:07:22

Is this www.sparklebox.co.uk/cll/writing/ggs.html any use?

cat64 Sat 04-Jul-09 20:28:39

Message withdrawn

mckenzie Sat 04-Jul-09 22:40:55

according to my memory I replied about 4pm but I now see that I didn't, or at least it didn't accept my reply. sorry, you must have thought me very rude.. thank you all very much. I have printed off the link that mrz and cookielove gave malready but will now look at yours too welovepinkmilk. The one I have here is indeed sparklebox so fingers crossed. Thanks again everyone.

mckenzie Sat 04-Jul-09 22:42:35

sorry 'gave malready' should have been 'gave me already'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now