Talk

Advanced search

thankyou letter to teacher

(11 Posts)
popsocks Fri 03-Jul-09 20:43:45

I want to write a thankyou letter to my childs teacher as i feel she has done an excellent job in teaching him. I am a bit unsure what to write, as im not that good at expressing how i feel. Please could you help me with it. I have got so far..... Dear X, I would like to thank you for all your hard work support and encouragement that you have given ds during his year in reception. He has enjoyed it very much and always comes home full of enthusiasm and stories to tell. I cant thank you enough for making this year so happy sincerely popsocks What do you all think, is this ok or should i add anything. I also want to write to the headteacher commending ds teacher, should i send a copy of the teachers letter or write something else. School breaks up next week, i will be very grateful for any help x

plimple Fri 03-Jul-09 20:50:37

Perfect letter, put it in a nice card. Send head a letter saying I'd like to put in writing how great teacher is. They've put in a lot of hard work support and encouragement which has really helped ds during his year in reception. He has enjoyed it very much and always comes home full of enthusiasm and stories to tell. I cant thank teacher enough for making this year so happy.
Put a few examples in if you like to the head. They won't be used to getting such letters so whatever you write will be lovely!

ICANDOTHAT Fri 03-Jul-09 21:22:26

Schools usually only get the 'bad news', so this will really welcomed by the teacher and head. Nice touch. I only wish I was compelled to write such a note sad

melissa75 Sat 04-Jul-09 11:27:12

popsocks, what a lovely note! I am sure said teacher will be more than chuffed about getting it! Another thing you could do, is nominate the teacher for the national teaching awards. It would be for the 2010 awards now, as they are doing the presentations for this years now (or they may already be done them), but it is another way to recognise the work of a brilliant teacher!

popsocks Sun 05-Jul-09 06:20:04

Thankyou for you replys x

rachels103 Sun 05-Jul-09 07:41:51

I'd be delighted with a note like that. I second the idea of dropping the head a note as well...lovely that your ds has had such a positive year.

riddley Sun 05-Jul-09 09:56:35

I think that's lovely popsocks.Teachers spend a lot of time getting grief from all sides and the pressures of the job must be enormous.

I reckon a letter like that would be worth ten boxes of Quality Street smile

clam Sun 05-Jul-09 11:20:05

Do it. I wish more parents did this sort of thing.

lottysmum Sun 05-Jul-09 11:57:26

Popsocks....super idea...and you have prompted me to do the same...my dd started at a new school in January...it was a massive decision for us to take even though her old school was pretty awful ........

We have just had year 2 end assessments ...straight 3's plus a 3a in reading....and she has made some really nice friends too....so to say we are delighted is an understatement..plus my dd has quoted learning is so much fun!

It's been the first time since she started school that I have completely relaxed and felt confident and she's well cared for in every respect.

hocuspontas Sun 05-Jul-09 12:07:16

Lovely idea. And, if others don't want to send a specific thank you letter, a complimentary couple of sentences on the report reply slip can also make a teacher's day! (And a TA's grin)

katiestar Sun 05-Jul-09 12:12:50

That's lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now