Talk

Advanced search

Sigg water bottles, just fab!!!

(12 Posts)
Carameli Wed 01-Jul-09 10:53:24

After trying just about every water bottle going I bought one of these in desperation.
Had it for a couple for weeks now and its and, no leaking at all. DD loves her Hello kitty one.

They are not cheap, best place I have found is £12.90 for the 0.4l

[[ http://www.sigg-aluminium.co.uk/?gclid=CP7cwfWdtJsCFVUA4wodCRPdPw sigg water bottle ]]

smee Wed 01-Jul-09 10:55:31

Get the cleaning tablets too though - otherwise after a while they whiff.... Though we've moved onto the more sophisticated plastic bottle from the shop that you refill time after time from the tap grin

Carameli Wed 01-Jul-09 11:12:40

oops.

which cleaning tablets? Also did yours start to leak after a while, or why did you move onto a plastic bottle? Will my joy be short lived

sigg water bottle

smee Wed 01-Jul-09 11:25:20

They're made by Sigg and dissolve in the water. You leave them in for half an hour and they clean the bottle properly. Ours didn't leak - in fact it's still good and we do use it on long trips as they keep whatevers inside cooler for longer. for school though, DS takes a small plastic water bottle. Not sure why, but he prefers it..

hellywobs Wed 01-Jul-09 14:37:38

We also have a Sigg bottle and it is robust and doesn't leak. I have one too, bought from Aveda.

However, my son's junior school to be(in Sep 2010) only allows clear bottles. So I imagine I will be having an discussion with the HT (I am a school governor there so it could be interesting) to let him have his Sigg bottle, firstly because it is robust and doesn't leak but also does not leach chemicals, not being plastic.

They say it has to be clear so they can see it is only water but I think I will have to say something at the time, if only because I don't like the implication that you are lying as a parent as they have to be able to see it's water. Unless someone knows if Sigg does a clear bottle? :-)

Galava Wed 01-Jul-09 14:42:16

Agree Carameli, I bought mine from a camping or bike shop. Much the same ££ iirc.

Smee, how often do you clean yours ? or is it just when they are niffy ?

Hellywobs, how ridiculous ! Would like to be at that discussion wink.

I guess the only downside to DC's taking these to school is loosing them.

muggglewump Wed 01-Jul-09 14:49:30

DD has a clear pink bottle. No leaks at all, cost £2.99 or thereabouts in the local shop and best of all it has a removeable ice stick to keep it cool.

I bought myself one as it's so good.

It has no brand name on it though so I can't link.

smee Wed 01-Jul-09 16:19:13

I try and clean it every few weeks, but then DS found the tablets and loves it as it's 'like an experiment', so it does tend to get done more often... grin

flaime Wed 01-Jul-09 20:11:37

I use water bottles from the shop and refill them. You can throw them away regularly and don't worry when my kids leave them at school. HSM ones are good, as are the Fruit Shoot clear water ones as they don't spill when they tip over.

Tried no end of plastic and metal character ones and they all leaked in their bags.

AramintaCane Thu 02-Jul-09 14:40:55

My daughter has been using the same sigg bottle for five years. You can clean them with hot water and a sigg brush it has a little brush as well to clean inside the spout leave them to dry upside down on the drainer. Despite the dents it has never ever leaked. The only down side is she would like a new bottle but never needs one grin

katiestar Thu 02-Jul-09 16:04:49

We have ASDA metal ones which so far been fine-and very cheap.

blithedance Thu 02-Jul-09 23:35:12

Decathlon do a poor-mans version of the Sigg bottles with a twist-to-seal top and snap-down lid. I love them, we have had such problems with leaks.

It's not the metal bottles which are the problem for us but the cheap plastic tops. Doesn't it all depend on how reliable the child is at closing the lid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now