Talk

Advanced search

Not sure if this should be in Primary or Secondary ....

(7 Posts)
2sugarsandapuppy Fri 19-Jun-09 21:53:35

... but dd1 was one of four that failed their Cycling Proficiency Test today. She was so worried about it this morning, and it resulted in tears when I picked her up.

Does anyone know if they have a second chance? I hardly ever get to school, except when I'm working there, and it seems selfish to ask about her. sad

2sugarsandapuppy Fri 19-Jun-09 21:56:17

And that was in a class of 30, and dd (despite my manic concerns) has been cycling to school every day - on her own - for the past fortnight, thinking she might get it right.

I only get to school because I work there 2 hours a week, btw.

poopscoop Fri 19-Jun-09 21:58:11

oh poor dd. I am not sure about re-doing the test, but I would have thought they would have written soemthing down about where she was going wrong. Then if I were you, i wouldnt make a big deal out of it but maybe take her for a few bikes rides and go over the bit she found tricky. She will soon pick it up.

I have never come across a situation where they have needed to provide anyone with their certificate. It just goes in the 'box' with all the other bits and peices we have no place for blush

poopscoop Fri 19-Jun-09 21:59:07

pieces

Pyrocanthus Sun 21-Jun-09 22:35:06

What a shame. It's only fair that she should be told what she did wrong, so she can work on it, whether she can retake or not. Has she remembered anything since Friday? Maybe her nerves just made her wobbly, in which case she's probably a perfectly safe cyclist in normal life. I think it would be reasonable to ask the school if they can find out from the examiner why she failed - for safety reasons.

heronsfly Sun 21-Jun-09 22:40:50

Has she actually been told she has failed?
Last year a couple of children at our school were told that there were a few things they still had to work on,they were given a sheet the same as all the others,but it showed them where work still had to be done.
A few weeks later they were seen again and everything was fine,seems very unkind to fail her on what probably was nerves.

amateurmum Sun 21-Jun-09 22:47:09

I didn't think cycling proficiency was pass or fail any more.

At out school, you just get a certificate saying what you have achieved and suggestions for things you need to work on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now