Talk

Advanced search

How do I decide which school to choose?

(3 Posts)
muminthecity Tue 16-Jun-09 20:34:06

DD is due to start primary school in September 2010, I need to start applying towards the end of this year but I'm not sure what to base my choice on. There are 3 primary schools within walking distance, one of which has an outstanding Ofsted report but I have heard one or two negative comments about, the other two both have good Ofsted reports and I have heard mixed comments about both. I haven't visited any of the schools yet.

What sort of things should I take into account when making this decision? Are Ofsted reports important? Or should I just wait until I've visited and see which one feels right? How do you tell whether a school is good or bad? I would be interested to hear how others made their decisions.

beautifulgirls Tue 16-Jun-09 22:46:19

I think you need to take a look at the schools yourself and get a feel of them before you start to consider your choices on them. Ofsted is not the be all and end all to making a decision - we looked at a school with a good ofsted report and sadly walked out very disillusioned. Thankfully we were lucky enough to have another school close by that we just loved when we saw it and were able to get a place there.

Tommy Tue 16-Jun-09 22:48:23

go and visit them - preferably when the children are in and working. You need to go with your instincts about the feel of a place. Agree with beautifulgirls - OFSTED is not everything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now