Talk

Advanced search

DD starting school this September and she is being so difficult anyone else ?

(4 Posts)
Lilyloo Mon 08-Jun-09 20:00:43

I am finding her more and more difficult.
She is just so emotional about everything which in turn just seems to turn into an argument.
I mentioned it to pre school. She is fine there but they think it's down to apprehensions about school etc
What can i do to help i can't face another 3 months of this!

Elibean Tue 09-Jun-09 07:33:31

I remember this stage! My dd1 is a December baby, and I just felt she was really ready for school around the summer before she left pre-school...being one of the 'big ones', being a bit bored and frustrated, being apprehensive about impending change, etc.

If its any consolation, I think its really normal - but sadly do'nt think there's much you can do to stop her being emotional about it all! I gave my dd some Guatemalan 'worry dolls' around this time, and got her to name her worries as part of a game - she loved it, and would put her worries into my hand/the dolls every night before going to bed. I also kept boundaries simple and firm as much as possible, and at the same time gave her a fair bit of sympathy/understanding/cuddles. Oh, and I got her some basic phonics books and we played schools a lot.

All I can say is, it will pass - sorry, not much help smile

saintmaybe Tue 09-Jun-09 07:42:15

And try to resist saying 'you won't be able to do that when you go to school' or discussing it in front of her.

Lilyloo Tue 09-Jun-09 09:53:35

oops blush saint she is actually going for a settling in session this afternnon and surprisingly has been a little better this morning!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: