Talk

Advanced search

north london private schools

(5 Posts)
Stokiemum Sun 07-Jun-09 21:58:50

Looking for a school for son. Wanted to know opinions of Children's house and Rosemary works.

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Sun 07-Jun-09 22:04:33

know people who've been happy with both... but don't they both finish at 5 or so (or am i out of date??)... cos then you have to worry about the next stage 5 mins after they've settled in.... and all your mates will be settled at highgate / st antony's / ucs junior school etc etc.... just a thought.

Barnsberry Mon 08-Jun-09 10:21:33

Actually think Rosemary works goes until 11 and children's house until 7. People seem to rave about the children's house, but I think it gets quite pressured towards the end as everyone's trying to get into the next stage school. I also gather that it tends to be quite girl heavy.
Sorry to be boring, but have you looked at the state options?

Stokiemum Mon 08-Jun-09 13:32:07

yes we have looked at state, and we would love to send him to Grasmere, or Betty Laywood but will be likely to end up in Grazebrook. Would be great as his friends would be local. Maybe just over thinking it.

As for ending at seven clearly an issue.

Barnsberry Mon 08-Jun-09 14:00:49

Oh yes, Stokie's completely over-subscribed with primary age children isn't it? A friend of mine didn't get into G or BL, but then is pleased with her not v popular (with middle class parents) option (sorry, can't remember which one it is). It's so hard isn't it. All I can say is that the school we use isn't popular or over subscribed but is lovely so it's always worth visiting all the options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now