Talk

Advanced search

DS starts reception in September and no school contact

(11 Posts)
halia Mon 01-Jun-09 20:35:49

DS got his palce at the primary we wanted confirmed back in March. What with moving and everything else I just left it at that and expected to get something from the school themselves after Easter.
But we've heard nothing at all - is this normal? I mean if I hadn't gone and looked up their website I wouldn't even know term dates, what the uniform was or anything?

Going to ring them tommorrow but a bit worried now about making it our choice - either they have forgotton us or they havn't contacted anybody who is starting reception in September.

FabulousBakerGirl Mon 01-Jun-09 20:39:10

maybe they haven't got your new address

Katie098 Mon 01-Jun-09 20:46:06

Hi My son starts in September and have only just received a letter to inform me of some settling in sessions. I would call the school if your concerned i'm sure they won't mind.

halia Mon 01-Jun-09 20:46:15

no that wont' wash, they have it as its the address thats on our applicaiton PLUS they have our old address too.

However I suppouse it might have caused confusion - not sure how as the acknowledgement from the LEA arrived safely at our new address but hey ...

Is this not normal then - should I have heard something by now?

mrz Mon 01-Jun-09 20:46:52

I'm a reception teacher and my letters re admission and induction were posted to new parents today.

golgi Mon 01-Jun-09 22:00:04

Mine is starting in September and have heard nothing. I'm not worrying yet.

sarararararah Mon 01-Jun-09 22:15:03

I'm a reception teacher too. I wouldn't worry yet - ours have only just gone out, just before half term. But we do have a new parents meeting next week to get ready for... eek!

cat64 Mon 01-Jun-09 22:21:07

Message withdrawn

fruitful Mon 01-Jun-09 22:26:45

My eldest was a January starter; the school first contacted me in mid-December...

halia Mon 01-Jun-09 22:37:04

phew, OK will stop worrying and assume they are sending things out this week. If I havn't heard by mid next week I will give them a ring. Thanks all

ICantFindAFreeNickName Mon 01-Jun-09 22:46:10

I would give them a call this week, they really will not mind and it might save you missing anything important. Things can go astray in the post, or if you have a central admissions team, they might have mistakenly passed your old address onto the school.

At our school we sent a letter out mid-March and another letter just before half-term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now