Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done a pamper evening before to raise funds? If so any tips?

(5 Posts)
Ilovecurry Fri 23-Jan-09 13:09:49

just wondered what worked what didnt?

willali Fri 23-Jan-09 13:36:26

Yes I have done this. We took over a hair salon for the evening (owner a friend of someone on PTA!) and also invited make up artist and manicurist. Sold tickets at £10 a go to include wine and nibbles, and those that wanted to could get either a blow dry or a make up or a manicure. One lucky lady also got a full works makeover. We also did a raffle - prizes were a cut and blow dry, a make up lesson, some salon goodies, some skin care goodies etc. It was a really lovely girly evening - didn't raise an enormaus amount though as numbers were limited due to size of salon!

HTH

Ilovecurry Fri 23-Jan-09 21:11:49

were doing it in a school hall and inviting traders to take a table/stall

singyswife Fri 23-Jan-09 21:15:50

Someone I know had a 'ladies night'. They had managed to get local treatment places (massages, aromatherapy, reflexology etc) to donate their time, I think they were friends of friends etc, they also had Anne Summers, some spititulists, manacurists etc. They were all giving 15 minute treatments for £5 a go.

Tickets were sold for £5 per person and covered one drink and a buffet. All treatments etc were optional at a cost of £5 for 15 mins (have already said that). They raised £500 + pounds and it was a really good night. No kids, BYOB, No Men. It was really good.

Clary Fri 23-Jan-09 21:46:48

We did one before Christmas.

Cleared out 2 classrooms for pamper ladies (massages, reflex, nails etc) which were very popular (£5 for 15mins) tho didn't bring that much cash (10% but onyl a limited number available, obv).

Had stalls - took 10% but in hindsight a £10 or maybe £12 fee upfront better.

Jewellery at good prices, posh handmade chocs, crafty bits and teddy bear clothes did well.

Tickets were £3 inc nibbles and wine, treatments could be pre-booked which was popular, traders gave a raffle prize which did well.

We made about £500 which is not bad but will do better next time I hope. Sold about 80 tickets I think.

When are you doing it ilovecurry? I think we did better as a lot of people were looking for Christmas pressies (in Nov) which was the idea. I certainly bought lots with that in mind.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: