Talk

Advanced search

School run on the London underground

(4 Posts)
Voice Mon 03-Nov-08 22:34:15

Godawful scary school run this morn: train stopped between stations with driver announcing a "red alert" which (he explained) means all trains on the line must stop exactly were they are. Perhaps this sort of thing happens all the time and I've just been lucky enough not to experience it? Luckily our train was allowed to proceed to the next station after maybe 7 or 8 minutes that felt like eternity. Anyway I've decided to start riding the bus again. I feel like I'd not be able to keep myself together in an emergency let alone look after the kids. Anyone else ride the underground to get their kids to school? Do you worry about stuff like this?

Voice Tue 04-Nov-08 10:22:31

Just trying again <bump>

(took bus today!)

isgrassgreener Tue 04-Nov-08 13:23:35

My DC1 goes across london on a bus every day, but I do go and pick him up once a week, it can be awful, especially if we get delayed as I have to get back to pick up DC2 from his school and I always worry that we will get stuck and not get back to pick him up.
I try not to think about what would happen in an emergency or else you wouldn't do anything.
I did look at some secondary schools in central london but have decided that I want DC1 to go to school locally and not have to travel on the tube to school.

mm22bys Tue 04-Nov-08 13:51:27

Not on the underground, but on the DLR. It was very very crowded, I used to get on at what must have been the most crowded station after Bank, and we would regularly have to leave 3 or 4 trains go by before there was room for us (I had DS2 in the stroller too).

I drive now, that has its own issues (no convenient parking outside the school) but honestly getting the DLR to school everyday was just so so so stressful....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now