Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's child hate colouring in?

(9 Posts)
asteamedpoater Wed 22-Oct-08 20:11:44

My ds1 (reception year) hates colouring in - he just can't seem to work it out, and will largely just scribble a few lines over the area he's supposed to colour in, instead. Is this a common phenomenon with little boys?!

singersgirl Wed 22-Oct-08 20:25:30

Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes. DS2 hates colouring with a vengeance. He's now in Y3, but the other day a teaching assistant and I were laughing about his miserable experiences in Y1.

A couple of weeks ago he came out with a long face saying, "We had to do colouring this afternoon, which I think you probably know is not my favourite thing."

mumtoone Wed 22-Oct-08 20:47:09

My ds is in reception and really is not keen on colouring. He just scribbles as fast as possible and has no idea how to stay in the lines. I've put it down to him being a boy.

DrNortherner Wed 22-Oct-08 20:49:01

Oh yes. My year 2 boy hates colouring in.

Elk Wed 22-Oct-08 20:55:16

I think its quite normal for boys to dislike colouring in. I must admit that dd1 (5) is better at it than I am!!

AnnElk Wed 22-Oct-08 20:59:25

I have a theory about this

choccyp1g Wed 22-Oct-08 21:18:22

So what's the theory AnnElk?
I'm really interested as my DS had a very strange approach to colouring in - he would fill the shapes with lots and lots of tiny colours, so it would take HOURS. But usually got bored before finishing. Only now, aged 7 is he interested in what I would call "proper colouring in".

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Wed 22-Oct-08 21:20:01

ds2 HATES HATES HATES it. Waste of time. He scribbles all over

DONE.

ds1 was like this.

Blackduck Wed 22-Oct-08 21:20:18

Nope - BUT I did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now