Talk

Advanced search

DD caused a bit of bother in school yesterday, she has now been told off twice by 2 separate people, and has been told to see the head when she comes back on Friday would IBU to go in tomorrow and ask them to just leave it now?

(34 Posts)
Aimsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 19:57:08

Message withdrawn

2point4kids Tue 21-Oct-08 19:59:33

Definitely agree with you.
In fact being told off twice for a genuine misunderstanding sounds a bit much in the first place, let alone being sent to the head too!
Poor DD

HRHSaintMamazon Tue 21-Oct-08 19:59:45

she didn't deliberately cause trouble. it was a communication error thats all.

she shouldn't have been told off at all, she should have been told "well im glad you have found it" and nothing more said.

I would certainly go in tomorrow and demand that she is apologised to actually.

NorthernLurker Tue 21-Oct-08 19:59:54

When I saw the thread title I was going to say 'no - let the school discipline the children' - but actually seeing what it is about I don't think it's unreasonable at all of you to speak to them. It was a genuine mistake - of course they should just leave it!

chapeloffearstickchick Tue 21-Oct-08 20:00:07

I feel sorry for your dd id may it clear at school thats the incident is over and finished with and any future words need to be directed at her dad not her.

Lauriefairycake Tue 21-Oct-08 20:01:31

you said your DD was quite upset - I would hold fire and try and find out if/how much of a tantrum she threw (if she did) and how much she caused disruption. The HT is more likely to talk to her about not bringing money in and just generally letting her know whatever rules there are.

One of the kids did this in my foster daughters class about hairbands - she was calling everyone a thief and screaming and shouting (it was on her thigh like a garter) grin

AbricotsSecs Tue 21-Oct-08 20:03:45

Message withdrawn

funnypeculiar Tue 21-Oct-08 20:04:16

What Northernlurker said - it seems like an OTT reaction for a genuine misunderstanding. I wonder, is there any more to it (eg did she suggest that anyone specific might have taken the money?) - not casting aspersions, just trying to think what might explain the reaction.

Aimsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 20:06:25

Message withdrawn

SqueakyPop Tue 21-Oct-08 20:06:30

It's a misunderstanding on DD's part and on the school's part. None of them knew that DD's father had taken the money for safekeeping (the irony).

By all means go into the school to explain the situation, just so that DD can stop worrying.

You can't really blame the school for anything because it was your DD who told them the money had gone. The key thing is to say that all is well and you are sorry for the confusion.

ja9 Tue 21-Oct-08 20:06:59

oh aimsmum, your poor dd. one telling off is quite enough. i would def speak to the school. Your dd should not have to spend the whole week dreading and worried about friday.

Tortington Tue 21-Oct-08 20:07:03

complete misunderstanding - tell the teachers to cock off

MyPumpkinDsHappyHalloweenBday Tue 21-Oct-08 20:08:47

your poor dd, i would go in a see office lady and tell her the facts and also class teacher. you feel it was not dd fault just misunderstanding. she doesnt need telling off for something she didnt do.

bitchs in the office, need a good kicking in the twadge..

stealthsquiggle Tue 21-Oct-08 20:12:58

No you would not be being unreasonable at all - DD did the right thing, not her fault, now she is stressed about it - I would ask them to back off.

Aimsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 20:33:20

Message withdrawn

countPINKCHICKula Tue 21-Oct-08 20:41:40

How old is she Aimsmum?..i think theyre being way OTT!..it was a genuine mistake, she went and explained, yes they may be miffed at the upheavel it 'may' have caused (cant imagine it being THAT much tbh!?), but their being awful telling her off TWICE AND telling her to go and see the head!..id double check what happend with dd then go in , tell them AGAIN and ask WHY she was told off twice and is not sat worrying over a third dressing down from head!..NOT NICE!

MyPumpkinDsHappyHalloweenBday Tue 21-Oct-08 20:42:59

only joking about the kick by the way.

stroppyknickers Tue 21-Oct-08 20:46:02

Get your xp to ring and speak to the head to apologise for the fuss he has inadvertently caused?

Aimsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 20:49:39

Message withdrawn

DoubleBluff Tue 21-Oct-08 20:52:32

She has been punished enpugh and really shouldn't have been punished at all.
Shame for her.

Aimsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 20:54:30

Message withdrawn

stroppyknickers Tue 21-Oct-08 20:56:26

what a shame. can you not explain and make him see it would help your dd? or you cd ring and say the same sort of thing 'on his behalf'.

Zazette Tue 21-Oct-08 21:05:10

surely the best way for him to prove the head wrong is to be the adult here and make the phone call? he was a bit of a prat for not telling your dd what he'd done with the money, no?

stroppyknickers Tue 21-Oct-08 21:08:57

well said Zazette. Why does everyone else make the points I would make if I hadn't started on wine time...

Aimsmum Tue 21-Oct-08 22:24:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now