Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

School xmas fete - where can I get lucky dip presents from?

(14 Posts)
sandyballs Thu 16-Oct-08 13:56:43

We will be charging £1, so ideally want to spend about 50p per item and it needs to look as though its worth £1 grin.

I can't find anything suitable, except old tat.

Any ideas please?

Iklboo Thu 16-Oct-08 13:58:14

Charity shops?
Are Superdrug/Boots etc still doing travel size toiletries & cosmetics?

sandyballs Thu 16-Oct-08 15:12:44

Thanks, will try those.
Anyone else?

sayithowitis Thu 16-Oct-08 15:49:18

Do you have any toy warehouses near you? When my DH was on PA we used to go to a toy warehouse and buy stuff there for Xmas Bazaar/summer fete etc. Usually spent about 35p-50p per item but because they were from a warehouse they looked worth far more than that.

Twiglett Thu 16-Oct-08 15:51:09

Baker Ross is the standard place

Twiglett Thu 16-Oct-08 15:52:21

here baker ross

Twiglett Thu 16-Oct-08 15:53:41

although I quite like partypacks too

NoNickname Thu 16-Oct-08 15:54:45

Ask for donations from parents - we all have the odd party bag goodies left over. You'll be surprised what you'll get.

Furball Thu 16-Oct-08 15:57:11

buy multi packs of stationery stuff and split. You could also buy huge bag of lollys or chews and stick a few of those in with a fluffy/novelty pen, that sort of thing. I also save all cracker toys for next years lucky dip and in January look out for bargains for next xmas as the supermarkets sell stuff off soooo cheap. Then store in the bottom of your wardrobe. ps, get your chritmas cards then as well, bargain!

Feenie Thu 16-Oct-08 15:59:27

yellow moon do nice stuff in the pocket money section - they come in packs of 12 for 2.99 for example, scented notebooks and creepy crawly pens and the like. And you can build up commission to spend on other stuff for school aswell.

MingMingtheWonderPet Thu 16-Oct-08 16:09:27

The pta of our school once wrote to McDonalds and they let us have loads of Happy Meal toys for free, worth a try?

Def best idea is to look for stuff in sales (obv a bit late for Xmas Fair now, but gd info for later). I got skipping ropes is Asda reduced from £1.50 to 35p recently which will be great prices.

Really liking to idea of a fluffy pencil/sharpener and some sweets.

Also Pundland may have stuff that you can spilt. Got a pack of three lovely yo-yos in there a while ago which looked great split up as a prize in its own right, iyswim

Twiglett Thu 16-Oct-08 17:07:13

Just as a heads up ... yellow moon is a side-arm of Baker Ross .. to be honest they load the commission they give to the school into the prices they charge for their merchandise (not all items but across a rather large range of them)

McDonalds toys for a paid-for lucky dip sounds really off to me .. at least it would be deemed unsuitable on many levels at my children's school

wheresthehamster Thu 16-Oct-08 17:13:25

Always worth looking in Tesco at their stationery. End of line stuff goes really cheaply - split the packs of novelty rubbers, sharpeners and pens and the cost will be dirt cheap.

MollyCherry Tue 21-Oct-08 00:04:36

Try the Peeks website/catalogue. They do a huge range and include suggested pricing as well.

http://www.peeks.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now