Talk

Advanced search

hi would like some advice on how to help my daughter deal with an aggressive girl in her class

(5 Posts)
nowtygaffer Tue 14-Oct-08 17:09:18

My daughter is in year 3 and has had problems with a girl in her class for the last few years.I do not feel that the girl is bullying my daughter, in particular,as most of the girls in the class have had problems too. Examples of this girls behaviour are; lining smaller girls up and then punching them in the stomach, trying to strangle them with skipping ropes...! I have spoken to the headteacher and the class teacher and each time have been given assurances that they will deal with the problem but it doesn't seem to improve.. I'm not sure what to do next and would appreciate any advice!!

ImNotOnline Tue 14-Oct-08 17:11:51

Go back and talk to the head again, it is typical bully behaviour even if it isn't only directed at your DD.

They have a duty of care towards all children and are failing miserably if this kind of thing is allowed to go on.

MyPumpkinDsHappyHalloweenBday Tue 14-Oct-08 17:15:17

nwt, go back in and talk to themr again. tell head you will need to see governors if it doesn't stop pronto.
one girl in dd yr2 class is agressive not hurting them, just excluding and growling.

get it sorted before it gets worse and someone is hurt badly.
good luck.

CarGirl Tue 14-Oct-08 17:15:40

Put your complaints in writing to the head and cc the governers, much harder to ignore the issue when each incident is put in writing. Encourage other parents to do the same. I would also take the perspective that you are requesting them to protect your dd from being physically hurt ie do not attack the behaviour of the other child stick to facts.

nowtygaffer Tue 14-Oct-08 17:27:56

Thanks for the speedy replies!! I will speak to the head tomorrow. I hadn't thought of the governers but that may be worth pursuing. The girl in question is much bigger than the rest of the class (including the boys!) and I have been worried that she will hurt someone seriously soon.. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: