Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

viewing infant/ primary schools. Who showed you around?

(24 Posts)
lotto Thu 09-Oct-08 23:51:01

would be interested to know. thanks

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 09-Oct-08 23:57:57

The head. We were v impressed. DD had been at her previous school over two years and we had never even been in the same room as the head let alone spoken to her. This head knows every child in the school by name - and there are oveer 400 of them.

Plonker Thu 09-Oct-08 23:58:30

Head teacher.

hatrick Thu 09-Oct-08 23:58:43

Message withdrawn

bobblehat Fri 10-Oct-08 00:07:33

head teacher

lotto Fri 10-Oct-08 00:08:54

hatrick- was that for entry at yr R? Did you meet the head too?

hatrick Fri 10-Oct-08 00:10:46

Message withdrawn

UnquietDad Fri 10-Oct-08 00:11:51

Head teacher, both times.

lotto Fri 10-Oct-08 00:13:12

ok thanks hatrick.

lotto Fri 10-Oct-08 00:17:12

anyone else still up, would be v interested

sunnydelight Fri 10-Oct-08 02:52:59

Generally the head teacher, sometimes kids. I love when the kids show you round as you can ask the things you REALLY want to know like "what's the nicest thing about going to this school?" and "are people ever mean to each other in the playground?"!

MaryBS Fri 10-Oct-08 04:07:10

The head

nooka Fri 10-Oct-08 04:17:35

I had a group tour with the head at one school, and an impromptu tour with one of the receptionists/admin team at the other. The first was a PR exercise, the other gave me a much more genuine feel for the school. I chose the second (actually if the head had shown me around I might not have chosen it as he was very very boring, now retired, with a much more dynamic head in place). Here in the States we had tours with the parent teacher co-ordinator.

twentypence Fri 10-Oct-08 06:14:50

Head teacher at 2 schools and a year 8 pupil at an open day.

MollieO Fri 10-Oct-08 10:01:06

Head at 4 schools, pupils at one.

Lukilu Fri 10-Oct-08 10:05:51

Pupils at the school we chose, Head Teacher at the other 2 we looked at.

MollieO Fri 10-Oct-08 10:36:33

I liked being shown round by the pupils although one of them seemed a bit obsessed with showing me where the stationery was stored (!). Unfortunately couldn't stand the head at that school. She didn't even know the names of the 2 y6 pupils showing me round. Unlike the school we chose where the head knows the names of all the pupils and had mastered the names of all the reception pupils within a week of them starting (bigger school too).

Some friends of mine took great offence at being shown round by pupils but I thought it was a nice idea. Recently looked at a boarding prep school that had that policy and we got a real insight of what life was like there (good and bad).

ForeverOptimistic Fri 10-Oct-08 10:37:55

The deputy head at the school ds will be going to and the head at our first choice school.

Gobbledigook Fri 10-Oct-08 10:38:32

Headteacher

Butkin Fri 10-Oct-08 16:30:12

Head teacher. However would have liked to have met the pupils as would have given us a chance to find out the truth behind the spin!

happystory Fri 10-Oct-08 16:30:50

Lovely deputy head

AccidentalMum Sat 11-Oct-08 21:50:46

Admin staff member at one and Head at another. Was very impressed at the Head taking time to do it.

Hulababy Sun 12-Oct-08 17:22:03

At DD's current school:

At the Open Day, we were shown round by pupils - from the Y6 age group, very competent young girls, and they introduced us to teachers in every room where we talked to the as well.

On our independent visit, the Headteacher showed us round.

At the local school we visitied:

On independent visit: Y6 pupils should us around, and then delivered us back to the head for a chat in her office. The Y6 children seemed very nice and able.

At the other two prep schools we visitied:

Both independent visits, one showed round by the Head of Preprep/Infants; the other shown round by the Head.

verylapsedrunner Sun 12-Oct-08 17:54:26

Head Teacher at 4 and Head's secretary at 1, but only as it was a last minute appointment and we did have a decent meeting with the head afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now